Chapter 25: Overboard

After finishing their drinks as Ross insisted, Laura called the management that they were coming.

"Very well," the voice said, causing Laura to roll her eyes and sigh quietly as she ended the call.

"Pft, like as if I'm agreeing," Laura mumbled. Ross frowned.

-

"But Laura said--"

"Mhm, I can't even look at his face! To be honest, it makes me gurgle," Laura continued; although Justin's looks are very attractive.

Ross gave Laura a look that she was going overboard - and that the insults she mentioned about Justin were already enough. Laura hushed him. The main guy (A/N: wow i dont know what to call him and if i give him a name, i wouldnt want to) of the management (let's call him Manag, manage without the e) thing infront of them sighed across the table.

Both of them told their opinions honestly -- mostly about why does it have to be Laura and why Justin (Howard)? Have someone change Laura's position, or change the person Laura would be 'dating' with.

Manag sighed once again, "Justin Howard would be the only guy the public would feel comfortable with Laura."

Ross's eyes darkened, while Laura groaned, "I know! But--"

You could see that Laura hated Justin so much, even Ross thought of that - because Laura wouldn't dare to raise her voice infront of the management, especially Manag - yet now she felt confident doing it.

Besides, Manag actually knew the real deal about her and Justin - so he gave up.

"Unless.." he started.

"Unless what?" Ross and Laura both said in unison.

"You-- wait, I think this idea is worse," Manag stopped, and closed his eyes.

"Just say it," Laura lowered her voice, narrowing her eyes. Ross; who was staring the latter, gulped and turned his head to Manag while nodding.

Manag continued, "Okay then. You could-- wait, but are you sure you'd feel comfortable doing this with some--" he stopped as he saw the invisible flame in both of the idols' eyes. "Ross could be your fake boyfriend," he admitted.

Ross was snapped to reality and he looked at Manag in the eyes with his jaw dropped open. Laura slowly sat down while trying to avoid eye contact with a million thoughts going through her head.

After a few years - nah just kidding, after almost half an hour being frozen, Ross and Laura finally looked at each other in the eyes and gulped; knowing that they had no choice, and it was for their own good - meaning that one of the Austin and Ally casts will be dating (or two).

Well, at least it's better than Justin, right? Laura thought, as her stomach dropped.

Laura

It was agreed. Well actually, Manag took their 'stare' at each other as a yes. Laura and Ross didn't say anything though when he started to talk about his plans, they just nodded at everything he said and went back home without a word.

They'd be starting next week, and next week would be in two days. It would probably be good news for the fans who shipped Raura - but Laura felt a pang in her chest with the fact that the fans wouldn't know that they're not going to be really dating.

Ross

Ross covered his face with the palm of his hands, and groaned. Not that he wouldn't like the fact that he'd be holding hands with Laura (or he would), it was just that - he was scared if this would ruin their friendship.

How? Well, they would be awkward acting infront of the public. Though skinship was kind of normal between the two of them since they were really close; but this would count as them dating each other -- although it'd be an act.

Ross sighed and got up and knocked on his brother's door, since both of them were the only ones at home. Riker opened it without hesitation and knew what Ross wanted; after seeing his expression.

• - •

A/N:
sorry for the randomness, especially the manag thingy. i'm a lazy person. anyways, i'm still on vacation and i just wanna thank the people who told me to have fun during the vacation because i am having fun and i just got back from a concert ; which was the best night and the best concert of my life tbh

and tbh i actually wanted cody to be laura's fake boyfriend but im changing the plot of the story yay

sorry this was short (as usual) because i just wanted to update a chapter since im a bad author and i don't update daily...