Chapter 2

"Already sucking up to the new teacher?" asked Alex as she walked in, her little posse behind her. I looked at her, not knowing how to answer. Mr. Waters started laughing and we all turned to look at him.

Marco sighed, pulling my arm and turning me towards him. "Ignore her. She just hates the fact that you are all together perfect.' he said, smiling a little.

I laughed, relaxing in my seat and watching Mr. Waters. He looked at Alex then at me. He nodded his head and picked up some papers from the table. "Alright class, I'm Mr. Waters. I'l be your AP English teacher the rest of the year. You will have to work hard and there are no exceptions whatsoever." he said, his voice strong and confident. 

The class was silent, not daring to say a word. "I'll be handing out the expectations of this class and your things-needed list." he said, handing out papers to me and Marco. "Please pass these out." he told us softly. "I guarantee that this class will indeed be very difficult and if you miss a day, I suggest you come in and make up the work. ASAP.

"If you have any questions, ask them now." he said, taking a seat on his desk. I stood up and passed the papers down the rows, watching as Alex raised her hand. "Yes?" Mr. Waters asked, looking and pointing at her.

"Do you have a girlfriend Mr. Waters?" she asked, making half he class giggle. Mr. Waters looked at her seriously and shook his head.

"I will not discuss my personal life with a student. I'm here to teach and you to learn." he answered, his voice strict. I got the extra papers from Marco and handed them to Mr. Waters. "Thank you Sunshine." he spoke softly.

I smiled and took a seat, reading over the paper. "Get this singed and turn it in before Friday." he said, giving us three days to get it signed by our parents. The bell rang, signaling the end of class. "See you guys tomorrow." he said, getting up and going behind his desk. 

I stayed behind, putting my paper in my folder. "It's good to see you again Sunshine. You've grown up a lot." he smiled, watching me.

I waved good bye at him and walked out, heading to my next class.

I got home, exhausted from the long day at school. I found it empty as usual. I sighed, putting all the papers on the table and heading to my room. I put my iPod on and listened to Ne-Yo flood through my room.

I sat on the bed, watching my phone as it lid up with a new text message. I opened it and read it.

Hey, how cool was today?
We should hang after school today.
We don't have any homework all week so might as well enjoy it
 -Meg

I quickly typed in a yes and waited for her to text back.

Kay, meet you at your place. 

I slipped into my grey vans and changed my shirt into a tank. I left a note for my parents and turned off my music. I want downstairs and waited for her to come. 

I had drifted off to sleep because the next thing I knew, the doorbell was ringing. "Coming." I yelled, getting up and opening the door. I froze, looking at Roy as he stood outside with a smile on his face.

"Mind if I come in?" he asked, walking around me.

"Go ahead." I said, closing the door. I took the phone out of my pocket and saw that Meg had left a text.

Sorry Sunshine, I won't be able to make it.

I sighed, putting my phone on the counter and crumbling up the note. "What's up?" I asked, grabbing two cans of soda and giving him one.

"Your parents called, they'll be out all night and asked me to watch you." he said casually, propping his feet on the table. I nodded, taking another sip of the soda. "Have they told you yet?" he asked me, looking at me more seriously.

"Told me what?" I asked him, looking away from his intense look. 

"Nothing." he answered, going back to his laid back self. I rolled my eyes and stood up. I looked at the clock, noting I still had three hours until the sun came out. "Does your school have a unifrom policy?" he asked.

"Yeah, the first and last week of school, we get to wear regular clothes. The rest of the year we have to wear the uniform." I said, putting the can in the recycling bin. "Why do you ask?"

"Well, it is a private school and no one seemed to be wearing a uniform." he said. I hummed, not really caring about the conversation. "So who is that Alex chick and what does she have against you?" he asked, taking a big sip from the can.

"She is the richest girl from school. So she likes to make me feel bad because I have a scholar ship that got me in." I said. He nodded, looking over me again.

"Stop looking at me like that." I said. He looked away, smiling sheepishly. "Sorry, I just find it weird." He laughed, looking at me again. "Roy, what haven't they told me?" I asked.

"They'll tell you eventually. I just thought they would have already told you since your almost eighteen." he asnwered, getting up and putting the can in the bin. "Let's watch a movie." he said, pulling me to the living room." 

"Just Married." I called out, looking at the few movies we had. I put it in and sat on the floor while Roy sat on the couch. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WHAT DO YOU THINK? COMMENT AND VOTE:)