Chapter 4

I hurriedly walked to my house, aware of how late I was. I burst through the front door, dropping my bag on the floor. "I know I'm late!" I yelled, walking through the hallway. "I'm so sorry. I got distracte-" I came to a complete halt, finding Roy sitting on the kitchen counter. 

My face immideatly dropped, dissapointment low in my stomach. He smiled at me, kicking his dirty feet up on the island. "Why such a happy smile to see me?" he asked sarcasticly.

I crossed my arms and stared him down. "What are you doing here?" I aske dhim, my voice filled with venom. "And get your dirty shoes off the island. People eat there, you know?" I said, walking to him and shoving them off.

He laughed, standing up and walking straight to me. I looked up at him, hating the feeling of being smaller than him. "I'll do what I want to do. I am here to watch you again." he said. I narrowed my eyes, turning away from him.

He held on to my elbow and brought me to a complete stop. "You really shoulnd't be mad. You're to pretty to have a frown on your face again." I watched him more closely, all the seriousness in his face. "Are you hungry?" he asked.

"No." And to go against my words, my stomach growled at that moment, making him smirk. "What are you doing?" I asked him, my voice filled with curiousity.

He looked at me confused, letting go of my elbow. "What doy ou mean?" he asked, turning away from me.

"I mean this. Why do you care so much if I'm happy or mad or hunrgy? You're just here to watch me, I cantake care of myself." I said, pointing to us. He turned to look at me, his eyes soft.

"I care about you Sunshine. I watched you grow up, I stole your first kiss." he smiled, laughing at the memories. "It wa smy first kiss too." he admitted, watching me closely. 

I stared at him, shaking my head. There was a knock on the door and I sighed in relief as I had something to get me away from him. I walked to the door and opened it. 

"Sunshine, want to go out?" Marco asked, his hands in his pockets and a shy smile on his lips. A small laugh left my lips, making my face heat up a little.

"Like as in go out to the park?" I asked him, looking up at the sky. It was almost dark and I was seriously starving.

He chuckled, shaking his head. "No silly." he reached for my hand, pulling me closer to him. "Go out with me as in be my girlfriend?" he asked ,looking into my eyes. I felt my mouth drop as he asked me the one question I had been dying to hear from him.

"Yes!" I said, wrapping my arms around his neck. He laughed and pulled closer to him, burrying his face in my hair. 

"I'm glad to hear that." he said, pulling away. I looked at ground, feeling a little more self-concious that before. My heart raced in my chest as I realized I had just become Marco's girlfirend. "I'll see you tomorrow then, girlfriend." he said softly, putting his finger under my chin to look in my eyes.

I smiled at him, liking that 'G' word. "I'll see you tomorrow." I said, pulling away from him. He pulled me into another hug and kissed my cheek. "Bye." I said, watching as he climd into his car and drove away. I closed the door and almost did a happy dance.

And I mean almost because Roy snorted behind me. "That was lame." he said, his voice sounding bored. "I would have done something more romantic, like paint 'Will you be my girlfriend?' on your car's windows." he said, handing me a cup-of-noodles. 

I shurgged, smiling widely. "I don't care. I still t hink it was sweet." I said, taking the cup from his hands. He frowned at me, looking a little jealous.