Chapter 12

The next few days went without any events. I went to school, sat with Star at lunch, and watch as everyone whispered and looked at me. I sat in music class Friday in the morning, waiting for our teacher to get there.

The door burst opening, the music teacher walking in. He started calling out names, not even bothering to look up. "Marco and Sunshine." he called last. Then he looked up from his clipboard and looked around. "Get with your partners, we will be having a competition to see who has improved over the years." he called out.

I got up, watching as Marco made his way towards me. It was the only class we had together and we had to be partners. Not that I minded because he was very talented. "You will have to dance to a song. Now, you have a whole week to practice, don't disappoint me." he said.

He took a seat at his desk and I turned to look at Marco. "Let's come in here at lunch, we can practice the days we can and sometime after school too." I said, looking at him through my hair. He nodded, looking away from me.

"Pick a song by lunch and we'll sing it." he said, turning away from me. I laughed making him turn to look at me. 

"Really? So you won't even talk about a stupid school project with me?" I asked him, getting a little mad. He smiled at me.

"No, I won't talk to you because I don't have anything to say." he said. his sweet smile fading. Now it was my turn to smile.

"You want a song? I'll pick a song, and I know you won't be able to sing it." I said, thinking of one he wouldn't be able to sing. I turned away from him, grabbing my bag and taking a seat in the furthest seat from where he was going.

I sat there the whole time, thinking abut a good song to dance to. I heard many songs and knew almost every song that they had chosen. "Please come up here and tell me what song you would like to dance to and then go on and put a dancing schedule." the teacher said.

I got up, walking ahead of everyone else. "'Buttons' by The Pussycat Dolls. I said, smirking a little as I saw Marco look at me surprised. He was a good dancer, but when it came to dancing with a girl, he was horrible. 

The teacher laughed, shaking his head. "I would love to see that. Teach Marco how to move." he said, writting the song down on a paper. I walked to Marco, watching as his friends looked at me with lust filled eyes. "I'll see you later." I said, my voice going lower. I opened the door as the bell rang, signaling the start of lunch.

I grabbed my lunch, finding Star sitting at the table. I watched Marco go into the Cafetiria. "I have to pee. I'll be back soon." I said, walking past him and out the door. It was empty outside, making it a lot easier to sneak into the dance room. 

I opened the door, throwing my stuff on the floor and moved some chairs around. I grabbed my iPod, plugging it in to the speakers and had the song ready for when Marco came. I took off the blazer, throwing my hair up in a messy bun. 

I stretched my arms, getting warmed up. "You should have picked a different song." he said, closing the doors behind him. I rolled my eyes, turning to face him. 

"You told me to pick which ever, so I did." I just thought it'd be a great song to dance to." I said innocently, turning on the song. The music played through the room and he stood awkwardly in the middle. I rolled my eyes. "Let the music flow through your body. Think with you feet, not your mind."  I said.

I started moving with the beat, feeling his eyes on me. "I can't dance this." he said. I stopped the music, turning to look at him.

"Yes you can, just follow me." I said, starting it from the beginning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know it's short, but I got something up.