twenty-three

JFC READS HAVE DROPPED LIKE 90 AIGHT ENDING THIS AT 30 GUYS SERIOUS SHIT GONNA START

+

2 years before present day 

"how does it feel to be in front of a police officer?" i gulped as i looked at the man in front of me. the pair of shoes i had just stolen were hidden behind my back.

i didn't think i would ever get caught, and i knew i should have listened to michael when he said not to. he's been planning something for the future apparently, a big steal of some sort. at first i thought it was going to be his favorite clothing store but he just shook his head. the thought has been killing me. 

"well? are you going to answer me or not?" 

"i don't know am i?"

"is that a threat young man?"

sometimes police logic frustrates me.

"i don't know is it?"

"that's it-" he reached for my arms but i sprinted around him and started running. my feet carried me all the way to my house but that seemed to be a mistake because the cop car was right behind me. i ran along side between me and michael's house, praising the lords as he was sat on the balcony. probably waiting for me.

"catch!" i whispered as he looked down at me. i threw the shoes up to him and he went inside his room. i jumped on to the balcony of my room and bursted into my room, quickly changing out my clothes for pajamas as i heard the knock at the front door. 

"calum?" my mother's voice rung through my ears as i fixed my hair. her footsteps starting coming to my room and i jumped into the bed, seeing michael climb over the balcony and into my room. he sat on my bed and we dug into a deep conversations.

"and she's such a slut i swear- hey mom."

"this man is telling me you're under arrest for threatening an officer? and you stole something!?" her face was red and i tilted my head to the side. the officer walked in and stared at me, then to michael. a look of pure digust was on his face at the outfit he was wearing. 

which happened to be black panties and one of my shirts. 

michael tugged his shirt over his bum more and cleared his throat. 

"i think you're mistaken."

"i think not, that's him." he took a step closer and michael pulled me into his chest.

"sir, what did he say to you then?"

"he said that i was stupid for even bothering to talk to him, and tried to hit me." the officer smirked as he crossed his arms over his chest. 

i rolled my eyes.

"i did not."

"calum, what did you say?"

"he asked me a question and i was like 'i don't know, can you?' it was just a joke." i huffed. "clearly you don't have a sense of hu-" michael clamped a hand over my mouth and smiled at the officer once more. 

"sir i've known calum all my life, he wouldn't ever hit anyone for any matter because he's too weak and sarcastic is his personality."

"and the thing he stole?"

"what did he steal?"

"i uh-" the officer froze, and i realized he was staring at michael's panties again. it's funny how someone could shame something so much but use it for their own pleasure. it makes no sense.

"i don't remember, but the alarm did go off and he ran out." 

"they said it was broken, so i kept going."

"you ran."

"i ran because i was in a rush."

"for what?"

"i needed to talk to michael about something."

the officer looked towards my mother, who looked more calm then before. however she did give me that 'we are going to have a talk after this' look. michael involved. 

i tapped his bum as the officer apolgized and finished talking to my mother downstairs. "my mom is giving you a talk about being dressed at the right times you know." i smirked, laying down on the comforter as michael crawled over me. 

"i know." he smiled, tugging at my shirt but the front door closed and her footsteps came back upstairs.

"i'm sorry mrs. hood! i'll wear pants next time i swear!" michael shouted as he hopped off of me with a peck of the lips. he ran towards the doors and jumped across the balconies, closing his door after blowing a kiss towards me. 

now i was dead.