Chapter 16

Aaron:

That night an unbearable heat lingered in Liam's room. I tossed and turned back and forth, trying to find a cool spot on Liam's bed, but it was just too uncomfortable.

"Do you want to open a window?" Liam asked.

"No."

"Then deal with it and sleep." Liam sighed.

I sat up and hugged my knees.

Liam groaned. "Lay with me. I can't sleep without you."

"I can't sleep."

Liam sat up and put his head on my shoulder. "Why?" He asked.

I shrugged. "Something's on my mind."

"What?"

I looked back at him. "What if I wanted to go away, just to get away from things for a bit."

"Then I would take you there." He replied quickly.

"But, what if I wanted to go without you? With someone else-"

"With who?" He asked angrily.

"Well, I was talking with Zayn-"

"No. I wouldn't let you go off with just him."

I knew that was going to be his answer. I slumped back down again.

Liam took a deep, exasperated breath. "Are you really still debating this?"

"No Liam, I'm not." I lied.

He took another deep breath. "Can we just go to sleep?"

He pulled me down and cradled me close to his chest.

******

Morning came slowly due to my excitement. When the sun peeked through Liam's thick curtains, I slipped out of his hold and dressed. I then went up stairs into Harry's room where he was laying in his bed on his phone. He patted the bed beside him and I reluctantly sat next to him. I waited patiently for him to finish.

"You ready?" He finally asked.

I nodded excitedly.

"I know you're excited so let's go." He smiled.

I got up out of his bed and he tailed behind me, following me down to the car park.

He hopped in his car and unlocked the door for me. I sat beside him in the passengers seat and he took off.

The drive to the hospital felt long to me. I sat back and looked out at the scenery for a while until Harry broke the silence.

"You know you should watch your back." He mumbled.

"What, why?" I asked.

He chewed on his lip. "I figured Liam wouldn't tell you but you ought to know."

"WHAT?!" I screamed.

"It's management." He shook his head. "They don't like your relationship with Liam. They suspect... Something." He smirked. "And there are lots of pictures of you two together and fans talk about you."

"About me?" I asked.

He stares at me in astonishment. Amazed at my pure ignorance. "Aaron, there are a LOT of fans suspecting you to be Liam's boyfriend."

"But I am." I stated.

Again he stares at me completely dumbfounded. "But you aren't seeing the problem. Management feels that being gay would be a bad image for the five of us. The other day at a meeting they were talking about giving Liam a girlfriend as a publicity stunt if talk continues about you and him."