Chapter 17

Aaron:

My eyes peeked open and I propped my self up on my elbow. I had only planned to sleep for a few hours, but the sun had already gone down outside. I quickly dug my phone out of my pocket. The time read 2:32 in the morning. I quickly slipped out of Zayn's grasp around my waist and left his room. I went down to Liam's room but he wasn't there. I went into the kitchen, but it was empty. I found Harry in his bed and shook him awake.

"What is it?" He asked in his groggy voice.

"Where's Liam?"

He shrugged which only made me angry.

"What do you mean you don't know?" I said a little louder.

"I don't know babe, he slipped out when I wasn't around." He lifted the covers. "Just come sleep with me. He'll be back soon."

It was late and he should have been home already. Shit, he didn't even tell me he had plans.

"No that's okay." I waved him down.

I went to walk away but Harry pulled me back. "No just stay here." He tried to keep me near.

"No I'm fine Haz." I pulled away from him.

I walked away from his bed and out of his room. I sat on the couch in the room that sat between Zayn and Harry's room. I planned to sit there until Liam came home, but my eyes began to grow heavy. I fought sleep for a while until the darkness completely took me over. My breaths shallowing, my body falling into deep darkness.

I woke up at one point to find Harry carrying me into his room and into his bed. I just stayed there for the rest of the night. I never knew what time Liam got home that night.

******

Over the next few days Liam disappears for hours at a time, coming home late and drunk. I spend more time with Zayn.

I'm sat in his bedroom, staring off into space again.

"Aaron?" Zayn grabs my attention.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"Are you okay?"

I sigh. "Yeah I'm fine. Just distracted."

I hear the door downstairs open and close. I hear Liam speaking downstairs, back from yet another one of his mysterious trips.

"Aaron, I'm talking to you." Zayn grabs my attention once more.

I stood up. "Hold on a minute." I say as I sneak out of Zayn's bedroom. I shut the door behind me and quietly walk down the steps. Liam's words get clearer the closer I get. Liam is in the kitchen with Harry.

"Where was it this time?" Harry questioned.

Liam sighs. "She wanted to go eat something and then we walked around for a while."

'She?' I thought to myself.

"Lots of photo ops for the tabloids of course." Harry scoffs.

"Fuck photo ops, fuck tabloids." Liam murmurs.

"Where's Aaron?" Liam asks.

"Upstairs with Zayn." Harry replied.

"I'll get him." Liam says.

I hurry up the steps, turn around, and slowly walk down the steps. I meet Liam halfway.

"Hey." he smiles.

"Where were you?" I ask immediately.

"Just out." He leans in and plants a kiss on my lips.

"Just out." I mock him. "Okay." I say hesitantly.

"Yeah I was out with Harry." He replies.

I look him straight in his eyes and nod."Out with Harry." I repeat, knowing that Harry has been home all day. "Cool."

******

I sit at the top of the steps, Harry's car keys in my hands. I naw on my bottom lip as I hear Liam and Niall in the kitchen.

"Oh I gotta go!" Liam says. As he goes into his room to get his keys, I sneak out if the apartment. I step into the lift and take it down to the car park. I get into Harry's car and wait.

Liam comes through the door and rushes over to his car. I sink down in the seat so I'm not spotted as he drives around me and out of the exit. I start the car and begin to follow him down the street. I stay a few cars away so he won't suspect anything. I drive this way for about 10 minutes until Liam parks. I park a little ways away. After a little bit a woman comes out of the revolving door and steps into Liam's car. I see her hug him, kiss his cheek, and then he drives off.

I was stunned. My heart was silently tearing in two, I clutched my chest to try and hold it together. I held back unnecessary tears and gripped the steering wheel of Harry's Range Rover. I did a quick u-turn through traffic, ignoring the honking of oncoming cars. I sped home, zooming as far away from what I just saw, but I couldn't escape the truth. I don't know everything but I know what I saw; betrayal. Betrayal from the man that I loved. I tried so hard to believe all of his lies. That he really was hanging out with friends instead of a woman that hugs and kisses him in the way only I can.

I pull into the car park and park sloppily in a stall. I jump out of the car and stumble upstairs . I burst through the door where I am quickly met by Zayn. His eyes were apprehensive.

"Harry! He's here, he's home!" Zayn screamed. "Where were you?"

I eased him back with a steady hand on his chest.Harry comes from out of nowhere it seems. He scolds me a bit about taking off without a warning but I ignore him, my mind travels to the woman in the car, where they could be now. I remember the conversation I had with Harry a while ago. He told me about Liam might having to get a girlfriend for publicity, but I didn't know it has already happened. So much was running through my mind at the moment. Harry narrows his eyes.

"Where did you go?" His eyes zero in on mine and grow dark.Very, very dark and he frowns.He studies my distress. "What did you see?"

I push past him. "You know what I saw. Don't play dumb, Harry." I look over at Zayn. "Let's go."

"Where?" He asks me.

"Anywhere." I reply. "Anywhere but here."

He nods, a small smile forms on his face and without hesitation he shuffles upstairs."I'll pack a bag babe." He calls from upstairs.

With every step, the pit in my throat grows, and I feel like I could scream and cry and throw up all at the same time. I go into Liam's room and start to pack my things. I grab his black Adidas hoodie and throw it in my suitcase. How badly I wish he was here and not with that mystery woman. How much I wish I wasn't angry at him because he's so good to me and I love him so much, but I have to go. This management stuff and this fame is all too much for me.

Harry comes in quietly and sits on Liam's bed. I finish packing and I sit beside him. I bury my face in the crook of his neck to hide the tears falling from my eyes.

"You know he's not doing it on purpose. And he's not telling you for a reason. He loves you more than anything."

I nod. "I just need time away." I sit quietly for a little. "You know, Harry," I open up, "it's all about the money. All they care about is what will keep the money coming. They don't care about Liam or you or anyone, not the way I care."

Harry wraps his arm around my waist. He hugs me for a bit. "You can take my car. Where ever it is that you're going, you can take my car."

I nod. "Thanks Hazza." I get up and Harry follows me out the door. Zayn was standing at the door with his stuff.Before I left I hugged Harry. "Tell Liam that I said I'm sorry, but it was just too much for me."

Zayn and I step out of the door and walk down to the car park. I get into Harry's Range Rover once more and turn on the car while Zayn packs our things in the back. He comes around and sits in the passenger's side.

"Where are we goin'" He asks.

"Home," I smile and bring his face over and kiss his cheek.

******