Chapter 17

It's officially been a month? I think. I know most of my "family" and Katherine, Eric, Cole, and Stevie all left to go back to their jobs or to school or home.

I also get to go home in two maybe three or four days!

Everyone is still trying their best to help me remember. But the only thing I remember is....

Conner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everything I know or ever experienced with Conner....I remember.

Everything.

Even drowning.

Even being saved.

Conner came and talked to me everyday. Everyday I was in the hospital, he was by my side.

"I am so sorry Ren." I grab his hand and he rubs his thumb back and forth over my hand.

"For what?" I whisper, not looking at him.

"I did this to you. I'm the reason why you're here. This is my fault. I-I--" I squeeze his hand to cut him off.

"It's ok. I forgive you." I whisper.

From then on he's been by my side since. I've learned a lot of things about Conner.

Like he's only been in love once, and she ended up killing her self because the night she thought that Conner was going to say I love you, he didn't because he chickened out. After that, he had trouble trusting anyone anymore or loving anyone after that.

I also learned that his father used to beat him if he came home a minute late from school.

"I used to have a twin sister." he told me one day in the hospital. "She was my everything, like Stevie is to you."

I nod my head, knowing exactly how he feels.

"She died." I let out a tiny gasp. "Her and her boyfriend were driving home from a party and he was slightly drunk but sober enough to drive, but they got hit by two drunk drivers, one hitting them on one side of the car the other hitting them on the other side of the car."

Today he came in early. The Doctors and nurses were checking my vitals and making sure everything was good. He nodded at the nurse that's always in my room.

"Good Morning Suzy." he said with a smile as he sat beside me.

"Oh! Good morning Conner! You're early." she smiled before she left us alone. I turned my head and smiled weakly at him.

"good morning." I whispered. I had been feeling very weak ever since I woke up from my coma. He smiled at me and took my hand in his, kissing the back of it.

"good morning Ren." he whispered back. Lately I've been battleing whether or not to tell him.

I mean he's told me stuff he would never say to anyone else? It only seems fair.

"My mom and dad both died. That's-that's why I'm here, living with the Miller's." his smile dropped and his eyes moistened.

"Ren I'm-" I put my other hand up to stop him.

"Katherine was the only one to survive." my bottom lip began to quiver but I took a deep breath and went on.

"Sometimes I hate her. I absolutely hate her guts! I always think, why did they die and you were the only one to survive? I know that's mean. But then other times I love her. She's my everything. But I hate--"

"Ren. You don't hate her. You think you do. You're just depressed and angry and upset and you don't know what to do. But you don't hate her." I smile up at him, happy that I finally got to tell someone how I really feel about Katherine.

"And Stevie is my everything. I don't know what would happen if I lost him? He's, I know this is weird, but he's like my missing puzzle piece. I love him more than you all. Well of course I do. But, don't hate me, but when-when me and Jeremiah dated, I still loved my other half more than my own boyfriend. He's-he's everything to me." I finish and look up to see an angry Conner.

"What's wrong?"

"You-you dated Jeremiah?" he says almost disgustedly.

"Yeah... But we...broke up." I look away from him. His hand tenses in mine.

"Why?" I gulp.

"He-uh-he cheated on me..."

"Well then I could understand why you loved Stevie more." he says, grinning at me. I turn my head and grin at him too.

"Was that the first time you told anyone?" I shake my head.

"Just the thing about Katherine." he smiles at me.

"Well I'm glad you told me."

"Me too."

"So tell me more about Florida." Conner says, changing the subject.

I smile at him. "I hate it but I love it. It has bipolar weather, old people, high prices, and beaches. I left my two best friends behind, and Stevie left his... Girlfriend? But he's gone back to live with her. I left my... I mean I left Dalton."

He nods his head smiling, he's about to say something, when the door opens and Dalton, Garret, and Maddy walk in, panicked.