Chapter 29

I made this one extra long for ya'll since it's been so long. SO

ENJOY! :P

"Why is he here?" Conner snarls, walking through the kitchen doorway.

"You aren't my only friend Conner!"

"Yeah, but most people aren't friends with their ex's!" I roll my eyes and grab Jose's arm and drag him up to my room.

"Ignore him. He's just jealous." I shut the door behind me and fall onto my bed.

"Jealous?"

"That you get to hang out with me and he doesn't."

"Oh." He says, walking over and laying beside me on my bed. He sighs after a while.

"Lo? I need to tell you something..." I close my eyes.

"Mmhmm?"

"LO!" The door burst open and Eddy and Ivy come running in. I bolt up on the bed and widen my eyes in exaggeration.

"What!" They each grab an arm and pull me to their room.

"HURRY HURRY!" Eddy yells.

"YEAH HURRY THERE'S A SPIDER ON THE WALL!" Ivy yells, pushing open the door. I roll my eyes and grab a shoe.

"Where is it?" I ask, holding up the shoe defensively.

"RIGHT THERE!" Ivy yells, pointing at the wall.

I look over as my eyes land on the biggest spider I have ever seen.

"Holy shi-"

"LO! KILL IT!" They scream at me.

"Hell no! Let's go get one of the boys." I push them out of the way and run into the hallway, right into Conner.

"You really need to watch where you run Ren."

"Con!" I let out breathlessly.

"What the freak is wrong with you?"

"There's-a-giant-spider--there!" I say through breaths and point in the room. Conner looks over and sees the giant spider. His eyes widen and he looks at me as if I'm crazy.

"That thing is humongous!" I push the shoe into his chest and walk behind him.

"That is why you're going to kill it." I push him into the room and shut the door behind him and turn back to Eddy and Ivy.

"RUN!" Eddy and Ivy run downstairs somewhere and I, to my room.

"Dang that spider was huge." I say walking back into the room. I turn and find Jose sitting on my floor reading something.

He looks up at me with tears in his eyes. "Your parents died?" My heart stopped. Did he have to say it like that?

"You're reading my mail?" It was the mail from my house that I didn't bother to open because I knew exactly what they were going to say.

"You didn't tell me."

"So you decided to read my mail?!!" I yell-ask him as tears start to roll down my face. Those boxes kept everything packed up, including the tears. He gets up and walks over to me, and suddenly I form perfectly into him as he hugs me tightly.

"I'm sorry Lo. You know I'm nosy." I hug him back, letting the tears flow. We sit in the floor, with me in his lap and our arms wrapped around each other. I continue to sob into his shoulder.

"I miss them sooo much Jose. It hurts soo much!" I cry. He rubs my back on my special spot that usually calms me but wasn't working this time.

"I know Lauren. I know." He whispers into my hair.

"Why them? Why! They were such good people too! I just don't get it...?" I yell, frustrated. Jose sighs.

"I don't know either. God has a weird way of showing us what his plan is, and this was on his map."

"I love them so much."

"I did too."

"The sad part is, Katherine doesn't even know. She'll never really know her mommy and daddy!" I sob into his chest.

"But she has you, and Stevie, and I'm right here. You have the...Miller's. Everyone is here for you guys, especially me." I look up into his serious, brown eyes, and gave him a small smile, saying thank you.

"Why can't the boys be like you?" I ask, sarcastically, and cuddle back into his chest, sniffling my nose.

"Eh. I'm one of a kind." He says, shrugging his shoulders.

I need to tell him. It's going to eat me alive if I don't.

"Lo. I have to tell you something."

"Me too."

"You go first then." He says to me.

"No you go."

"I have a girlfriend...but I--"

"what...?" I whisper, pulling away from him.

"Lo wait. You didn't let me finish.-"

"You don't need to. Leave me alone and be happy with your girlfriend." I get up and cross my arms across my chest and look next to me at the floor.

"Lauren? Please?" He tries, reaching out to me, but I take a step back, fighting back the tears till he leaves.

"Go please." I know that hurt him as much as it hurt me and he probably knows why now too.

"I'm sorry pookie." My nickname.... snuggle pookie...he only used it when he was truely sorry. I had a ton of nicknames, Kitten, Baby, Sweet Cheeks, Flower, Love Bug, Angel Eyes, Cutie Pie, peanut, olive, and when he was being playful and mean Bubble Butt or Monkey Butt. But snuggle pookie or just pookie was when he was sorry. Really sorry.

When I was mean I called him Mister Butt, when I was nice or just my self I called him, babe, baby, hun, honey, love, Tigger, Macho Boy, handsome, honey bear, prince, my sorry name was Teddy Bear or just Bear.

"Me too bear." I still don't look at him though.

"I don't love her. I love someone else." Well aint that just dandy!

"Good for you." I huff. He takes a step closer, as I try to step back but run into the wall.

"I love my Monkey Butt." I lift my head, mouth wide open in shock.

"You-you do?" He nods his head and takes another small step.

"I love my Tigger." He smiles and takes another step.

"Good." He takes my face in his hands and soon we're.....