Chapter 27

Jose.

The boy I dated and fell in love with all of middle school and beginning of high school.

I never told anyone this, but Jose was the first person I dated, fell in love with, and had a broken heart because of.

And he's here.

"Uh-uhm guys? I've gotta go?" They all give me worried and confused looks.

"Uhm ok? We'll see you at lunch?" I nod my head, faintly and walk off towards Jose.

His nose.

Everyone picks on him for his nose. But that's one of the things I love most about him.

"Jose?" I whisper behind him. He freezes then turns around slowly. His eyes widen when he sees me.

"Lo?" He whisper's, shocked. I give him a small smile.

Then I jump into his strong arms. He holds me tightly to him.

"I-I miss you." I tell him truthfully.

"I miss you more Lo." Someone coughs behind us, causing us to jump away from each other. I turn quickly towards the person and see that it's Conner and Cody and Jade. I blush and stumble on my words.

"Guys! Uh-This is Jose. My-my ex..." They all look at me cautiously.

"Your ex aye?" They say slowly. I nod my head, questionably.

"Yes...?"

"Just checking..." Cody say's slowly. He stretches his hand out towards Jose.

"Sup bro? Cody." Jose reaches his hand out too and shakes Cody's. Conner continues to glare at Jose as Jade twinkles her fingers at Jose and sways back and forth, giggling.

"Jade." I snarl at her and send her a menacing look as she gives me a defensive look and throws her hands up in surrender.

"I didn't do anything! Sorrrrrrry!" I placed my hand on Jose's arm telling him to stay there and grabbed Jade's arm and pulled Jade aside.

"Don't . Even . Think . About . It." I warn her through gritted teeth.

"I can't promise anything. The heart wants what the heart wants."

"And the heart does not want Jose. Got it?" Jade's eyes widen suddenly.

"Do you love him?" I scold her quietly.

"Shh! He was the first boy I dated and fell in love with and the first boy to leave me with a broken heart. Yes I still love him. But I kept that hidden in a locked box in the back of my heart and head."

"Lo!" She screeches, causing the boys heads to turn. I give them an embarrassed smile and turn to Jade.

"Keep this on the hushedy hush! Got it?" She nods her head and runs her fingers over her lips.

"My lips are sealed." We give each other a quick hug before returning to the guys.

"Conner quite glaring, it's rude." He scoffs and stalks away, annoyed. I turn back to Jose.

"Excuse him. He can be a bit...protective? I'm not sure, he's like my best friend." I shrug, apologizing.

"It's no big deal. So..." I roll my eyes, knowing exactly what he's doing.

"Meet at the pink jeep after school gosh." He smiles and kisses me cheek before running off to first period.

"Ooh Lo gettin it in!" I push her off of me.

"Get outa here!" I laugh as she runs off making awkward movements involving her hands and hips.