Annabel-Lee

Incredible how one thing can change a whole perspective of how you view a person.

That one thing that could determine life or death.

I am exaggerating, but it feels like life or death.

Maybe I should start from the beginning, because then I can get to the present.

______________________

"Is This It? Interesting name," I told him as I opened my water bottle.

We were sitting in Wiz Kid Mgmt or my good friend/cousin, Ryan's, office.

His new office that took him 2 years with enough savings and loans to get.

"Well, it's catchy, so I don't see a problem with it," he replied, scooting over in the love seat so I could sit down.

"Plus, it's about the music Annabel-Lee."

"Yeah, I know Ryan, about the music," I rolled my eyes.

"What's the problem with the music? I find that the music I write is not the best but it is good, so what's the problem?" a deep voice asked.

"Julian, I swear to God, you need to stop that," I told him sternly.

He picked me up, and sat down, making me sit on top his lap. I pulled myself off and sat in the next chair.

He eyed me for a few seconds, but I didn't care.

He treated me like his girlfriend.

I didn't want to be.

Ryan looked at me and him, puzzled.

"Are you guys dating and are keeping it on the down low or-"

"We're not dating for the 100th time Ryan," I said angrily.

"I'm sorry I just thought-"

"I've told you once before!" I yelled.

I got up and went into the back of the office, leaning against the wall and taking out my Walkman.

I saw the door open, but I cared the least bit of who was coming out.

A figure joined me, leaning sideways against the wall, towering over. I stepped one step over, but it just makes the figure move closer, until his chest is on my shoulder.

"Julian, leave me alone."

"Why do you hate me?"

"I don't hate you Julian."

"Yes, you do."

I stared into to his hazel eyes.

"I don't hate you, I just don't want to be your girlfriend."

An awkward silence approached soon afterward, and by awkward silence, I mean the multiple beeps of cars from rush hour in Manhattan.

"What if... I want you to be my girlfriend?"

My eyes grew bigger than the moon.

He was standing in front of me now, and we were too close for comfort. I ducked under his arm, open the door, and go inside, grabbing my book bag and slinging it over my shoulder.

Ryan still looked at me, even more confused.

"I'll see you tomorrow," I say quickly without another word.

Because if I didn't get out of there, only Jesus knows what Julian would of done...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey there! I hope you enjoyed! Not much else to say!

-Anaiah