This Is The End Pt. 1

1 1/2 Years Later

"I go to Columbia now, it's pretty nice there," he told me with a smile. It had been years since I'd seen Ezra, nor my brother Hudson, and here they were sitting with me in a quaint coffee shop in Greenpoint (Part of Brooklyn) telling me about the college life, something I had yet to fully experience.

Anaiah was next to me with her headphones in, even though she had set up this whole get together. From what I could hear she was lost in Planet Telex, like she did with every song. I noticed Ezra ogling at her, but too bad for him that she's pretty much devoted to Nick, and her shiny, silver engagement ring said all.

"So, sis, you still with Julian?" Hudson asked, trying to sound protective around me.

"Yeah, sadly," I joked with him.

"You plan to settle down anytime soon?"

"I don't know man, sometime soon, if that's any of your business."

"Don't be like that Annabel, bro's just taking interest in your life," Ezra retorted.

"When we're ready to settle down we will, but The Strokes are at it, doing a lot of things, right Anaiah?"

"What?" Anaiah asked, taking out a headphone in confusion.

"The Strokes?"

"Oh yeah, important stuff, cool stuff, yeah," she said boringly.

"When's your wedding then, Anaiah?" Ezra asked.

"Well, since it's February, by July," Anaiah smiled.

I loved how Anaiah lit up whenever someone mentioned the wedding. Really, she was only smiling because she was thinking about Nick. It was weird how much their personalities clicked, and how it was almost an inconvenience to us. The sarcastic banter and the hot-headedness almost made me senile.

And to top it off before I could even move in with Julian, I had to live with them for 3 months. I heard things no one should hear coming their best friends, almost every night.

But I've come to love the sarcasm, the quick rage, and I don't live with them anymore.

Anaiah was about to say something, but started gagging and excused her from the table.

"That's strange, she was just fine a few seconds ago," Hudson said, confused. "Will she be alright?"

"Yeah, she's just been a tad sick this past week," I explained.

"The whole week? Something's up," Ezra said, watching Anaiah walk back to the table.

"Hey, it was nice meeting you guys but I gotta leave! A.L. come to the office, kay?"

"Umm, alright," I replied as Anaiah rushed out of the place.

"Annabel-Lee, your friend there is pregnant," Hudson said summarily.

"You're kidding."

"I'm not, Mrs. Yonders was like that when she was gonna have Bianca. Trust me," Hudson smiled.

I shook my head. What did Hudson know? Anaiah could have a stomach bug for all we know.

Instead I nodded at him and switched the conversation about his studies in film and photography.

---------------------------------------------------

Dusk fell upon the urban areas as I walked in the 30 degree weather to the new Wiz Kid office. It was like buying a new home, since I was now almost in charge. But now I started focusing on my writing career and I had almost finished my book.

The office lights were off and the door was locked, so I had to drop the cigarette as I wasn't supposed to smoke (because Julian forced me to quit) and search my backpack for keys. I found them, opened the door, and when I walked in everyone yelled out "Surprise!"

"What the fuck?" I laughed, elongating the fuck. "What is the surprise?"

"Well, this is to show how much I love you. You know I really love you, right?" Julian beamed, getting nearer to me.

"Of course. I love you just the same."

"Well then, let's get married."

I laughed not really understanding what he was saying but it hit me when I fell back into Earth's orbit.

"Wait... did you just say-"

"Let's get married," he repeated again, taking my hand in his.

"Sure, why not. You could of at least been a little more romantic," I laughed at him.

"Well, get ready to get less romantic," Nick said lowly, Anaiah glaring at him. He walked up to me, fishing for something in his pocket, and handed it to me, tapping his foot waiting for my reaction.

Well, Hudson was right.

A/N:This chapter is shit I know but I'm not really good at endings I'M SORRY.