Bright Young Thing

After almost strangling Nick to death, I grabbed a pair of jeans, put on my blue converses, and kept my Strokes shirt on. I grabbed my keys and my backpack, which Nikolai calls "Edgar Allan Poe."

And to add to the debauchery, Fab wrote on the bag:

For the moon never beams, without bringing me dreams

Of the beautiful Annabel Lee.

As I started thinking about that, I almost forgot to tell Nick I was gone.

"Come back in one piece, you hear? Ryan will kill me if you're not!"

"Don't worry your pretty hot-headed brain, I'll be a-okay."

I hopped on the train and pulled out the Annabel Lee poem by the famous Edgar Allan Poe. I was told by my father that my mother was one of the arts, and that she was obsessed with said poet. She especially loved the poem "Annabel Lee" and she would recite it to me to quiet me down when I was crying.

And it worked all the time.

Too bad I can't remember that.

And too bad she doesn't want to talk to her dear Annabel anymore.

I got off the 6 train and walked the rest of the way to Wiz Kid, reciting the poem in my head.

I was a child and she was a child,

In this kingdom by the sea,

But we loved with a love that was more than love-

I and my Annabel Lee-

With a love that the wingèd seraphs of Heaven

Coveted her and me.

I smirked and was about to open the doors for Wiz Kid when someone covered my eyes with their hands.

"Give me all your money," a familar voice whispered into my ear.

"Albert, get off me man," I chuckled as I playfully elbowed him in the stomach.

"What are you doing here? It's your day off," he questioned me.

"I'm meeting up with Casablancas," I said, my heart skipping a beat.

Cliché, I know.

But my heart was on the rocks.

"Oh," Albert said, sounding a bit disappointed. "I was just heading home and I saw you walking, so I decided to tell you hi."

"We'll hang out sometime soon," I told him, nodding. He nodded back and he was off, turning back every second to see if I went into the office yet.

That was too cute of him.

All the lights were off in the office, so I slowly walked to the light switch.

"Why are you turning on the lights if were gonna leave here?" A voice called out.

"Julian, man, where the fuck are you? It's so dark in here."

"Don't worry," he said. I felt him wrap his arms around me from behind.

"I'll find you."

That's when I did it.

Yeah, I kissed him.

And, well fuck, he's a great kisser.

We just stood there in the dark and kissed for 5 minutes.

We seperated;he grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the office.

I felt a burning sensation in my gut as I asked him, "Where are we going?"

"You don't have to worry," he smiled, paying attention to the street as he held tightly to my hand.

"It's a surprise."

____________________________________________________________________________

Wowe, I am updating a lot!

It's 3 am and I typed this in less than 2 hours. ACHIEVEMENT.

Thanks for reading! 202 reads?! OMFG *Chewbecca noise*

I hope you enjoy this!

Ciao!-Anaiah