Hard To Explain

I rushed home, or to my apartment, looking behind my back every second to make sure Julian wasn't following me. It seemed to be a new hobby of his.

I opened my door and there sitting alone, strumming one of the songs from their debut album was Nick, who looked up at me and smiled.

"You look like you saw a ghost," he chuckled to himself.

"Well, you would too if Julian looked like he was going to try to kiss you," I replied, throwing my bookbag against the wall and dropping myself next to Nick. He put his guitar to the side and rested his arm around my shoulder.

"I thought out of all people, you would of enjoyed that."

"Nick, for the last time, I am over him."

"Maybe you're not. No one can get over the love you had for him," he insisted.

"People can get over love."

"Not their first one."

I sighed. Maybe Nick was right.

Suddenly, we heard a knock on the door, causing us to both stare at it and each other.

"Nick? You there man?" I heard Julian's voice belt out.

"Shit, I'm not here," I whispered to Nick. He nodded and I tip-toed quickly to my room and closed the door quietly, hoping the door wouldn't loudly squeak as usual.

"Hey Julian," I heard Nick say.

"Nick, I need to see A.L."

"Wrong place, she's not home yet," Nick lied.

"Yes she is. She doesn't like to keep her door closed unless she's hiding or sleeping."

I mumbled a line of obscenities under my breath.

I opened the door and stood there, arms crossed, and watched as Julian watched pass Nick, smiling as Nick turned back with sincere sorry in his cobalt eyes.

"I'll leave you two alone," Nick said immediately, grabbing his guitar and going into his room.

Julian walked in and let the front door slam.

He stood there, looking at the floor as an awkward silence filled the room.

Finally breaking the silence, he sighed and said, "Why did run away from me?"

"I don't know."

"Annabel-Lee, don't fucking lie to me. Why did you run?"

I sighed. "It's a bit more fucking complicated than you think."

"Why? Because I like you and you the same but you try to hide it? So we play this cat and mouse game?" he said, he voice raised.

My jaw dropped. He really likes me?

________________________________________________________________________

Dun, dun,dun!

Oh, how I love a good cliffhanger, don't you?

Anyways, I should be updating more of this, because hey, I love the idea of this one, and well YEAH.

Comment, vote, follow, share, the whole biz.

Chow!!! -Anaiah