Killing Lies Pt. 2

We all met up in Ryan's room for a meeting. With how everything was set up, I was forced to sit next to Nick at the end of the table.

It was hard to concentrate on what Ryan was saying, because Nick had his hand on my thigh, rubbing up and down, and I wanted to punch him in the face.

Usually I would be okay with it, but this time it was above and beyond.

"Annabel, are you paying attention?" Ryan asked.

"What? Yeah, yeah."

"Anyways, as I was saying. You guys have nothing to do after the interview and the show is tomorrow, and Thursday. Then we'll get on the plane and ship off to Australia, repeat, then it's off to Europe to tour! Any questions?"

"How are rooms set up?" I asked.

"Well, you had a problem sharing a room with Julian, so this time you're sharing a room with Nick in Australia and in Europe."

Fuck.

"Oh, okay," I replied, my eyes dashing to Julian.

"We can't change it?" Julian asked quickly.

"What is with you two?" Ryan questioned angrily. "It's final, I'm not changing anything again! Unless you-"

"Give me the numbers. I'll make the changes, I'll-"

"Like I said before, no changes."

I can feel Nick's eyes and smile burning through the back of my skull.

I couldn't take him anymore.

I stood up, turned to him and punched him square in the jaw. He tried to grab my hands but I uppercut him, causing him to fall out of his chair.

"Annabel Lee!" I hear Nikolai and Julian yell after me.

I feel someone grab onto me, but I'm still trying to grab at Nick...

"Annabel-Lee Joseph are you sleeping?" I hear Ryan say.

"What? Oh sorry Ry, jet lag issues," I smiled.

Ryan continued on talking as I tapped Fab on the shoulder. He smiled as I whispered: "Can we talk after this?"

"Sure, why not," he whispered back.

As soon as the meeting was over I excused myself and Fab, dragging him behind me to his room.

"Slow down!" He exclaimed, fishing in his pocket for his hotel key. He opened the door and I pushed him in, shutting the door.

Beer bottles and cigarette butts were everywhere.

"What's wrong? You're all-"

"Nick kissed me twice. Accidental the first, on purpose the second. And, ha, the funny thing about it, man, Julian could of seen the purposeful one. I dunno what the hell to do, and now I just feel like punching Nick in the face but at the same time I can't cause-"

"Slow down there Road Runner, Wile E. Coyote can't follow! He kissed you even though Julian could of seen?"

I nodded fiercely. Fab sat in thought as I tugged on my shirt.

"I fucking knew it."

"Knew what Fab?"

"Nick's still into you."

"Still, what'd ya mean still?"

"He sorta admitted it to me in our school years. But he saw you fall for Julian and told me he didn't like you anymore romantically. I guess he lied. But I knew he did. Being able to look after you and live with you everyday? You're my best friend, but you're an asshole at times too. Only Nick really loved that about you. That's how I knew."

I stared at Fab with a poker face.

"Since... high school?"

"When you came in and told the English teacher that if she ever mentions the poem Annabel Lee you'll 'throw a book so fast at her head she'd know all the poems in there by heart', he thought you were the shit."

I didn't know how to feel.

Albert then walked in, smiling at both of us.

"Nice sleeping, Joseph."

"Not right, Al, we're talking right-"

"I know you're talking about Nick. I saw what happened earlier. I need to learn to knock more often," Albert laughed.

"You saw what happened?"

"I knew that was gonna happen. Remember when you called Nick how many years ago, and I wanted to talk to you? I was hoping you were home, so we'd could actually talk about your relationship with Nick and shit. I didn't want to tell him, but he forced me and said not to worry. I still worried though."

"Why are you all telling me this now? This is why I get butthurt easily Albert. I can't trust anyone like, like-"

"Like your mom,"Albert said quietly, finishing my sentence.

I felt the tear prick my eyes as Fab slapped Albert in the back of the head.

"Idiot, why would you-"

"No, he's right. Just like my mom," I said, sinking to my feet, my tears falling like rain.

"This is bad," I heard Albert say.

"No shit Sherlock, A.L. never really cries!" Fab yelled.

I felt footsteps and arms wrapping around my shoulders.

"I'm sorry, I hate crying man," I croaked out.

"It's alright, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to mention, well, you know," Albert said softly.

I smiled as I wiped my face with the back of my hand.

"I need you guys to get Nick for me."