Don't Think That Everything Is Gonna Stay The Same

As soon as Julian was asleep, I traveled down to Nick and Nikolai's room, trying to figure out the words to say. I had to keep my promise to refrain from violence and try to come up with words to talk to him.

However Nikolai was standing- well, sleeping- outside their door.

"Niko... Niko..."

No budge.

"Yo NIKOLAI!"

He groaned a bit before opening his eyes to look at me.

"Dude, why are you in the hallway?"

"Nick... some girl... do not disturb sign... so I didn't disturb," he said, shaking the sleep off of him. "What time is it?"

"When I left my room, 8:30, so probably 8:40. Your show is in 8 hours."

"Cool."

Nick probably hooked up with some girl. Oh no.

Nikolai opened the door and we stepped in. The girl was in a different bed from Nick, and Nick was up and staring at her from the next bed.

"What are you doing here?" he asked, not even turning his head to see who it was.

"Who's her?"

"Her name's Anaiah, she collapsed at the bar yesterday because she saw me, took her up here, been knocked out since."

"She's really pretty Nick."

"Yeah, make it better she's from NYC too," he sighed.

"You like her Nick?" Nikolai asked.

"Well, she's single..."

"Go for it. You have to move on from me." I told him.

"But, I-"

"No buts, go for it. It will be easier for you to forget and love again. Your past love and best friend orders you to do it matawa watashi wa anata o korosudeshou kami ni chikau (or I swear to god I will murder you)."

Nick smiled at me.

Finally.

"I hope that wasn't a threat," he laughed, causing Anaiah to stir. She shot up and stared at all of us before clutching her head.

"Please don't tell me your Nick, Nikolai, and Annabel-Lee."

I had a feeling she knew everything that said "The Strokes" on it.

"God damn it, what happened?" She asked, searching our faces for answers. Nikolai and I shrugged and Nick was frozen.

"I probably fainted. Sorry, that never happens," she apologized.

"No, no, I'm flattered!" Nick smirked. "My presence makes people faint cause I'm that hot."

Anaiah started blushing and I smacked Nick in the back of the head.

"Oww, what was-"

"That's for bein' smart," I chuckled.

"I should get back to my hotel room, I'm sorta following you guys on tour," she said quietly as if she was ashamed to say it.

"Let me walk you back, cause there's a lot of pervs out there." Nick offered.

"U-uh, okay, I guess, thanks, I guess," she said nervously.

"Don't be nervous, there's nothing to be that nervous about," Nick smiled, taking her hand and pulling her out.

--------------------------------------------------

I got back to my room and plopped next Julian, who jumped up from his sleep.

"Wha... You left?"

"Julian, go back to sleep hun."

"Cuddle me back to sleep then, cause you scared me," he retorted with a sleepy grin. He opened his arms under the blankets and I climbed under and shimmed into his arms. He held onto me like holding onto a pole on a roller coaster ride.

"I was serious about quitting alcohol y'know."

"You sure? I mean-"

"I'm done. I'm done with it. I won't touch it, I'll leave it alone," Julian told me.

I snuggled into him.

Things were changing.