Chapter 15: Be Nice

Hayden's POV

"Don't start any trouble with the others, Hayden", Jayden said fixing my tie and I smiled "be nice"

"You should tell them that", I replied and she hit my shoulder

"Ariel, make sure he doesn't get into fights", Jay said looking behind me and I turned around

Holy shit, Ares howled as I looked at her up and down.

Ariel's POV

I stood in the stairs for a while, fixing the train of my dress.

"Ariel, make sure he doesn't get into fights", Jayden said looking at me and I looked at her, frowning

"He's a grown man, he can handle himself", I replied smirking at Hayden, who was gawking at me "close your mouth, you'll catch flies"

"You look beautiful, Ariel", Jayden commented smiling then nudged her brother "doesn't she look beautiful, twin?"

"Yes, very beautiful", he plainly spoke fixing his cuffs then made eye contact with me

I bet he didn't mean it, I told Athena and she shook her head

He's just being an ass, she replied Ares thinks we're beautiful....

Whatever, I sighed and finished walking downstairs

"Let's get this banquet over with", Nate sighed as Jay helped him put on his jacket "I want to come back home to my family"

"Come on", I mumbled putting on my coat "I don't want to spend all night with you guys either"

*

*

"Welcome Alpha Ariel", the guy at the front greeted with a smile then it disappeared when he saw Hayden "welcome Alpha Hayden and Beta Nate". This is gonna be so fucking awkward... We walked inside to be greeted with champagne glasses and the elders.

"Good evening Alpha Ariel, Alpha Hayden and Beta Nate", the leader elder, Valkon, greeted us and I only gave him a small smile "you look beautiful"

"Thanks", I replied

"Come, we'll show you to the table", he spoke and led us to one of the huge tables. As we walked to the tables, small whispers and mumbles came from others.

"Why is he here?"

"Is that Alpha Hayden?"

"Why didn't they arrest him? He's killed some many people!"

"I bet he's up to something"

"Who is that girl with him?"

"I bet she's his mate"

"Gentlemen, meet my guests", Valkon announced and they mostly looked at me. I heard a little growl behind me and I immediately held his hand- I don't need Ares getting out of control

"Please sit", the Alpha with a blue tie spoke sweetly and we sat "I am Alpha Rowland, why have you come with them?"

"Can't you see Ro? Ariel and Hayden are mates", another Alpha spoke and the place silenced. Their faces frooze in shook, more whispers occurred, and Hayden's cleared his throat

"We didn't come here to discuss personal lifes! A rogue named Ronan was planning to take over all of the packs including the Alphas at this table", he spoke, catching me by surprise "so I suggest we talk like adults and plan what the hell we're going to do about this"

"I agree", I clapped smiling at Hayden then looked at the rest of the Alphas. They didn't seem to believe him and I don't blame them. He's been causing problems and "murders" since his teen years

"Why should we believe you?! How can you prove this?!", another Alpha asked with a grim look- Alpha Dean. I hated him, ever since I met him. He always had that serious grim face and always saw the negative side of a situation. He didn't like anyone, but himself

"I fought along beside Hayden and heard Ronan during his little speech involving what he'll do", I answered glaring at him "not to mention the documents that we gave to you as evidence. He's telling the truth"

"I don't recall any documents... how about you gentlemen?," Valkon replied in a nonchalantly voice, but his eyes gleamed in amusement. I gaped at his and the rest of council's lies. Athena growled viciously.

"How can we believe you then?! You are his mate and you're just a woman!", he accused growling and I can feel Athena rumbling inside me "clearly you are conspiring with him!". The place was silent as everyone who was dancing, talking, having a conversation was just staring at us. I hate when people stare at me. I stood and tried to control Athena, but you know what happens right?

Athena's POV

I jumped over the table and grabbed Dean's collar. The men stood up and I smirked

"You should be careful who you insult", I growled and he struggled on breathing, I looked at the other men "yes, he's my mate and that's one of many reasons why I helped him gather evidence for his innocence. You're too busy judging that you realize the real enemy- Ronan and his massive group of rogues that could come tumbling down on us any fucking moment!". I threw Dean to the side and pushed his chair back, standing in it's place.

"It's obvious that you don't care, so call us when you do", I added standing again and walked off with Hayden and Nate "or I'll see you at you funeral when the rogues kill you"

"She assaulted one of the Alphas!"

"They could be put to jail!"

"Or be executed... You know how strict the Alpha King is"

"And where do you think you're going?!", a tall guards asked standing in front of the doorway

"Move! We're leaving!", Hayden demanded and the guard smirked "I see, we have to do it the hard way"

"This is the totally opposite of what Jayden meant", Nate sighed when Hayden punched the guard so hard, he flew back against the door.

"Get Hayden! Get all three of them!"

"Damn, I just bought this dress," I sighed ripping a slit into it, so my legs can move freely.