Chapter 20: Confessions

Hayden's POV (days later...)

"She's doing excellent ,Alpha", the doctor spoke looking at her clipboard "her heart has healed from the bullet completely. Her leg is back in place, but she will have to be bedridden for a week"

"This is all my fault", I whispered looking guiltily at the unconscious Ariel as the doctor left the room, leaving Jayden and I

"Hayden, for the fifth time stop blaming yourself", Jay replied putting her hand on my shoulder "it's not your fault-"

"It's the truth though", I interrupted closing my eyes and shook my head "she didn't deserve this... I don't deserve her..."

"That's not for you to decided", she commented "the moon goddess put you two together for a reason"

"I'm a monster and she's a protector", I stated looking up at my sister "how is that going to work exactly? Everything that has happened to her is my fault". Jayden didn't say anything else as I looked back down at Ariel. I put my hand in hers and immediately felt cold.

Please wake up, Ares begged. It's been a few days since the rogues incident happened. That bastard Trevor still manage to get away without a trace. Ariel was shot, right through the heart with a silver bullet. She weakened a bit from it and the broken bones made it worse. Everyone visits her everyday, but I never left the room. Nate has been taking care of the pack for me. I promised Ares that I wouldn't leave until we knew she was okay. No response from her yet..... A light squeeze of my hand wakes me from my thoughts- mate!

"Ariel?", I said lowly as she groaned and opened her eyes a bit "how are you?"

"Where am I!?", she asked with a scratchy voice and Jay gave her a small cup of water

"You're in the hospital, you have been unconscious for about four days", Jay informed her as she gulp the water down "how are you feeling?"

"Cold and hungry", she grunted careful to get up "but enough chit chat, get me my clothes". I placed my hand on her shoulder and she gave me a confused look. She was going to hate me for this, but there's no way in hell I'm going to lose her again

"You're staying here and resting, Ariel", I spoke seriously "I don't want you get hurt anymore". She looked at me with an angry and smacked my hand away

"I'm going to fight. I'm not staying here!", she replied in a harsh tone and I glared at here "I'm fine, so someone get my clothes"

"Ariel, I said you're staying here", I commanded and she growled "you need to stay here for Cathy, Luca, and Jayden. You have to stay around for them, stop arguing with me about this".

Ariel's POV

He started to walk out the room and got up. After all the shit we've been through, he pulls this shit off? I'm not going lay here in this hospital like everything is alright. Those rogues were part of attacking my pack and attacked us four days ago. I refuse to let him fight without me... something could happen to him.  I've had enough rest, I want to fight now.

"Ariel-"

"Jayden, don't come between us", I said softly before limping after Hayden "don't you dare leave me here!"

"Ariel, go to your room", he raised his voice, but didn't turn around which pissed me off even more "nurse, take her back to her room please"

"Don't fucking touch me!", I growled and she took a few steps back "Hayden, don't take another fucking step!"

"Why don't you ever listen?! You're so fucking stubborn!", he yelled finally turning around, I glared at him "I did some stupid shit.... I know that now and I'm not going to let you get hurt anymore!"