Living In The Shadows

Important author note:

Everything will be linked and make sense in the end of the book. So read till the end and keep up with updates until you get to the "aha!" moment.

ENJOY! HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT!

  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     At the sound of disturbed owls, Darren was hurtling down the road for what was left of his life. It wasn't dangerous to run in the night, it was dangerous to be followed by the most horrible human he had ever encountered, that at some point he forgot he was human. The trees started passing by him like lost shadows as his speed was rising up. The next thing he knew, branches were blocking his way everywhere.

He reached the woods.

Catching his breaths, Darren fell to the ground panting and looking around for a sign of him. He was nowhere to be found, not a single sound was heard, not even the cracking of the dead leafs under his feet.

It didn’t take a minute until he felt his presence watching his every move.

"Crap!"  He whispered and gathered the rest of his strength and started running again. This time, his knee was hurting even worse than the last time he went on a mission. However, it didn’t matter; he had to spare his life even though he was aware this was going to happen the moment of his betrayal.

Disappointment leads to death.

That was his boss's logic. His knee absorbed his whole energy twisting in place as Darren fell to the ground surrendering to his fate. He heard his small laughs behind him and turned around still supporting his weight on the ground.

"Harry please forgive me" he began pleading gripping on the dirt as his heart throbbed abnormally.

"Give me a reason to why should I” His green spheres were darker with the black sky as he glared into his victim's eyes. Darren's vision drifted to the gun in Harry's hand then he closed his eyes.

"I never meant to disappoint you. I thought by working to the enemy I could get you information."  He lied for the first time. But it didn't matter now, he was dying either way.

"Yet you ruined our plan and let the enemy make one step ahead of us." He crossed his eyebrows and aimed the gun to the trembled man's forehead.

"Please Mr. Styles please forgive me” He pleaded, his tears flooding rivers.

At the moment, he noted the grin forming on his boss's mouth as he worked his fingers, and the last thing he heard was the sound of the freaked out owls as Harry pulled the trigger and had his heart stop beating.

                                                                                                           - @Viralirry; @StatfordsWonder