Chapter 7 "Dread And Fret"

Lock your doors.” He replied gutturally. “I’m staying over.

It felt like a broken tape was repeating itself inside her brain. No matter how much she struggled to ram the idea out of her head, it was still there with Harry’s tall figure bolting the door.

No.” The simple word was hard to pronounce when he turned around freezing her with his luminous gaze.

What did you just say?” He asked his eyes narrowing into circles making it hard for her to move. Her mind was racing.

If she obeyed and kept him in the house it would be lunatic of her. He was a criminal.

He is a criminal.

He ruthlessly killed a human being without remorse.

Coldblooded.

It was never about the bad boy persona he spread around wherever he lingered that attracted her. It has always been this darkness; she desperately craved to dissolve, in the way he stares at her.

You heard me.” She muttered backing away though the wall forbad her.

It was expected of him to zoom in towards her.

For some reason, whenever he decreased the distance between them, metaphorically and literally, something in Jasmine’s conscience cried for her to flee. Above all that, she would stay and defy. That was her. That was what caught his attention in the first place, though it might not has been for her best so far.

Did you see this man? One hundred of him out there might crash your door any second.” He uttered, his hot breath showering her face with dread.

The way he was breathing, the way his chest was moving more rapidly than usual, rendered her almost numb. If Harry wasn’t involved with those people, in an illicit way, they wouldn’t be after him.

What have you done Harry?” A question, that has been on her mind for quite some time took the chance to fit itself in the right moment. As much as Jasmine wanted this nightmare to be over, she was as curious about that guy that has been occupying her mind for so long.

She was curious about that Harry Styles no one knows.

It doesn't matter what I've done.” He finished off his sentence, still locking his spheres on her face and scanning her body up and down. It wasn’t desire that was filling his breathing, it was something else far deeper than what his words would put out. Jasmine could sense it, something she never thought he would suffer from. Dread and fret.

Harry soon let loose of her shoulders and vanished through the window to God knows where.

Jasmine sighed and rested her back on the couch.

 She was scared of the consequences to what she has chosen to get herself into. Her house was being surveyed. Someone was planning to murder Harry and if he had succeeded, she would have been forced to deal with a dead body on the floor of her living room, let alone the responsibility of an attempt to murder and no proof of the shooter’s identity. Though Harry handled it pretty well it was frightening to think of the years of experience he had with these kind of things.

Why did it have to be him?

So many questions were fighting inside her mind for dominance, yet her tongue prohibited her from reacting.

Something really bad was about to happen.

The storm was still raging, the trees were rocking back and forth it was dangerous to run on the streets.