Chapter 9 "Protect you"

It’s John darling.” Color drained from her face. Jasmine couldn’t control her senses enough to move her gaze from those blue eyes drowning in hatred. “Shivering at the sound of my name, I like that.

John’s hand went over her cheek moving the hair away. At his touches, an electric jolt stunned her body.

I told you I have nothing to do with Harry anymore.” She spat drawing her face backwards.

I’m not concerned with your sex life. But clearly you know his plan.

She frowned disgusted at the situation she was stuck in, disgusted at the people, at everything. “I'm sorry I don't have your perverted sense of humor, but I repeat, I. Have. Nothing. To. Do. With. Harry. Anymore.”

Oh, oh on the contrary,” He kneeled in front of her resting his elbows on her knees. “This is how it's gonna go. If you answer I keep your blood inside your veins.

Her vision was getting blurry with fright. This wasn’t some sort of a play and by the end of the day she would get out alive. This was a life or death situation. She had seen someone getting murdered. She had seen another side of Harry. She had seen more crap in these two days than she did in her entire life.

Please...” She begged him her hands trembling under the duct tape.“I swear I don't know anything. Just let me go.”

A disturbing laugh escaped John’s mouth as he turned around. “Jay, hand me the knife.”

Her eyes snapped to the knife placed in John’s hand watering up. “What’re you doing?!

Another guard brought along a clean white towel and gave it to his boss. John passed the fabric over the silver blades serious again. “Where are the weapons?

A little unnecessary flashback brought her to her senses. That was the main reason Harry had slept with Dalida, and discussed it with Paul.

I-I left before I knew where they were.”

Without giving it a second thought, John pressed the knife against the flesh of her chest, this time getting redder with anger.

WHERE ARE THE WEAPONS?

I said I DON’T KNOW.

The sharpness of the razor blade agonizingly cut through the skin. It made the blood dribble down leaving behind them a long trail of dried blood and unimaginable pain. Jasmine’s screams were lost in the echoes of the dark room, with no answer to rescue her.

Should I repeat my question?” John calmly spoke still cutting.

STOPPPPPPP!” The tears flooded uncontrollably.

Suddenly, he pulled away the knife leaving her a little space to breathe, but as soon as she opened her eyes again, it was pressed against her throat this time.

What did Dalida tell Harry?

Every now and then, she would drop an eye on the door craving for it to burst open with Harry coming to the rescue.

Her memory took her back to the voices she had heard, to the main reason why she left the house in the first place. Yet, if she said that to John he was not going to believe her and would hurt her even more.

If only she could muster lying.

I-It's next to the river, three hours from here. To the west.” She fibbed tired as hell.