Chapter 5 "What have I done?"

Jasmine squinted at the morning rays of sunshine bashing down like rays of hope in this hopeless world. Instead of lightning her steps, they made her walk blindly through the grim streets guiding herself alone. Quinn did not slack in calling her all night, however she was too perplexed to answer anyone. Although, throughout everything she had expected Liam to make on simple phone call to make sure she was at ease. He didn’t.

The closer she has gotten to college, the harder her heart was thumping. The previous night was nothing compared to normal. She couldn’t even touch the dress she was wearing again. Everything belonging to that night brought back her memory; she was even scared to change into her nightgown without getting a message from Harry telling her what a delightful strip show it had been. No matter what he did, she had chosen not to give him any sign of contrition.

At the sound of her own legs tapping against the hard floor of the university, Jasmine passed through the colleagues attempting to avoid eye contact if he ever showed up. She had had enough of him forcing himself this way, that if he made another appearance, she was going to tell Liam. He was her only chance of surviving this.

A chain of elicited high-pitched giggles drawn her attention from the back side of the gigantic locker wall.

Want more?” A familiar sound walloped through her ears hauling her body towards the source. That voice was inimitable.

L-Liam?” She muttered begging her eyes to fail her when the truth lied bare, there was nothing to be explained that proved another way.

His brown hair perfectly lifted up with a bit of messed up locks on the side, due to the blond he was all over. His brown eyes, turned gloomily narrowed at the sight of his girlfriend watching him having his mouth occupied by someone other than her. Regretfully, he slid his hands away from the girl his mouth trembling begging for forgiveness with the dreadful silence that took over him.

Jazz… I-” Yet again, his own words were trapped inside engulfed by the guilty conscience of betrayal.

No, I get it.” Tears struggled not to brim down her red gleaming eyes. “You couldn’t sleep with me yesterday, so apparently she’s fulfilling your needs more than me.” A sorrowful titter escaped her mouth before she decided to ignore his reply and walk away with what was left of her dignity.

You were the one who pushed me away!” His tall legs helped him catch up with her as she made her way through the unending hallways.

I can see it now. To you our relationship was based on this.” She shook her head disappointed. “You’re pathetic.

Turning back to maintain her attitude, Liam’s screams after her were lost with the chattering of the students casually passing by. Even as he tried to reach for her hand to keep her from going, as much as she could, she tried to disappear through the crowd and find a quiet place to gather her thoughts.

One tall shadowy figure blocked her way bumping its whole body onto hers, she lost her balance and snapped back.

I told you, you should be with a real man like me.” His raspy voice sent her trembling again, when his hand reached hers.

Leave me alone.” She hissed and walked right past him severely jolting her shoulder against his upper arm withdrawing her presence, when he effortlessly caught up with her at the same speed.

I can’t stand seeing you miserable. Did Liam do anything wrong?” He pouted misplacing his acting techniques with the wrong timing.

You love seeing me miserable. Why don’t you go party somewhere else?” Never making an eye contact again or else she was more than sure her senses will be lost in those green glimmer surrounded by so much secrets.