Chapter 8 "Someone I care about"

Where do you think you’re going?

As far away from you as possible.” Bitterness dribbled in the way Jasmine was daggering him with her glances.

Now that’s a bit harsh isn’t it?” Harry rolled his eyes as if this was some sort of a routine he dealt with everyday, and didn’t give her the chance to reply before tugging her onto his shoulder.

PUT ME DOWN. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!” She was even hoping one of the people in the party would notice her crying for help, yet they seemed drunk and high enough not to even see straight.

The moment they reached the bedroom again, the door was zooming out, and soon she felt her back slam against the bed. Harry’s gaze was locked on her. Even if he didn’t touch her, the simple way he was scanning her up and down forbad her from moving.

His brawny arms gently laid around her fragile trembling body leaning in closer.

The air was thick again.

What part of dangerous don't you get? You can't get out. The enemies are looking for a way to hurt me through you.” The green and hint of blue in his eyes rendered her unable to escape or move. If only he was the one she could rely on, or be with…

Why would you even care if I get hurt?” She asked, her soul tired as hell.

His gaze changed. His eyebrows knitted together, his bottom lip suddenly heavier, Harry shook his head irritated. “Are you kidding me?!

No words were to be said. Jasmine’s grip was tightening on the soft sheets wrinkling them underneath her palm.

No words were to be said. Harry pushed himself off, and disappeared behind the door locking it one more time.

~

The music was getting fainter. The party was gradually dying. Harry’s footsteps were making their way to the room next door. Jasmine slowly tiptoed to the source, and posed her ear on the knothole.

What was she doing?” That definitely sounded like Paul.

Trying to escape.” Harry answered sighing.

Why are you even keeping her here?

I'm not going to see someone else I care about get hurt.”

Someone I care about…

I told you relationships in this kind of business is nearly impossible but your choices.”

The word relationship made her shiver.

Anyway, what did John ask for?” Paul carried on ignoring Harry’s silence.

He wants to know where the weapons are. Do you have any idea?

Silence.

As the matter of fact, it's not me who knows where they are...

Speak up.

Dalida is here. She knows about the weapons but wouldn't speak. She needs something in return.”

What?

She wants you.

Jasmine’s heart was throbbing again. Her hand reached out to her chest feeling it beat abnormally to calm herself down. Who was Dalida anyway?

Cursing rose in the room behind the door, something got slammed which she assumed was the door. Footsteps were lost in the music again, and other ones were approaching.