Chapter 10 "Completely yours"

The sun has trickled through the windowsill. Warm rays of a blooming new day, after the thunderstorm that has ruled the weather for quite a while, brushed against Jasmine’s pupils. Lazily she opened them and the first thing she felt her hand slowly reaching for her chest.

The bruise wasn’t burning anymore, and bandages were protecting its healing process.

Her eyes traveled the room around her and she could see it was the same one she had slept in. It was Harry’s. The words came rushing back from the memory she was trying to repress.

No one was there to hold her up in the room. It was empty with the gusting wind and cold breeze mixed with the warmth of the weather.

Jasmine knew she had to talk to Harry. She had to face the truth.

Making her way downstairs, she could see Paul sitting on the sofa and drinking his morning coffee while reading the paper. It was probably to check if the media got hold of them.

Morning beautiful.” He said drawing on a calm comforting smile. He definitely didn’t look the same as last night.

Morning.” A hint of red gushed through her cheeks. “Have you seen Harry?”

He just left five minutes ago.

Where did he go?

The sound of heels stomping against the hard floor disturbed the relaxing silence of the morning.

He got the information and left darling.” That unmistakable voice sent a chill down her spine. The same tall elegantly dressed woman walked towards her. Dalida.  Jasmine tried to ignore her and look away annoyed. This wasn’t the time to start a catfight. She wasn’t even in a state to fight off an annoying bitch. “What? You thought he cares enough to stay? It’s always business with Harry.” She winked at her and was about to make her way to the kitchen when Jasmine decided to speak.

In your world maybe.

Wow! Touch down!” Paul relaxed his back on the sofa laughing. Apparently, no one ever replied to Dalida, especially now that he saw her getting fumed.

Good thing he enjoyed fucking me every night. At least I fulfilled his needs for the next few years. You seem like the preservative type.” She smirked and left both of them frowning. She didn’t even want to hear Jasmine’s reply.

Don’t mind her. She’s-” Paul started.

A bitch. I didn’t I just need to see Harry now.

Well you’re certainly not going alone.

~

Paul’s car parked next to the old lake house nobody usually goes to. It was believed to be uninhabited, but apparently it was a stock for something that belonged to them.

She noticed the curly brown locks swaying with the soft gentle wind. Paul disappeared after she made her way on the dock and placed her body next to Harry’s.

Hey.” She said in a soft voice.

Harry turned around and took her in, a smile that she has never seen before was forming.

How’s your wound?” His voice was almost broken and croaky; she felt he had been crying for hours.

Better… Thank you for rescuing me.”

You shouldn’t have gone through this. It’s all my fault.”

I don’t blame you. I just want to know one thing.” She paused until he was staring back at her. “Why keep seeing me when you know the consequences? I mean now you have someone defenseless to protect.