Chapter 11 "Heal me"

“H-Harry S-Styles?

Yeah, why?” Her smile was starting to disappear.

I gotta go.” Louis muttered all of a sudden moving past her; as if that was the question, he was dreadful to answer.

Wait!” Jasmine suddenly caught his arm pulling him back. If she could take Harry being shot, she can take whatever Louis was about to say. “What’s going on?

Please just let me leave.” The fear in his eyes meant he obviously knew what Harry is capable of.

Not until you tell me what you’re hiding.

Jasmine…” He looked her straight in the eyes concern eating on him. “Harry is not to be trusted. Why are you even with him?

You don’t know him all that well.” Anger was building up. That was not on the list of conversations she was planning to have with her best friend the moment he returns. “Everyone just hears the rumors and spreads it around. Bored people are trying to fill the emptiness in their lives by making up stories.

Even if how much convincing she sounded, she knew part of what Louis was saying is true. And what was she even doing there? She was supposed to stay in her dorm studying for her midterms.

You have no clue about anything, do you?” Louis shook his head as she just stared mouth shut. “He’s the one to put my uncle in the hospital. He’s his biggest enemy.

Her heart dropped.

He…” The words seemed hard to form. Even when she was trying to find a way to defend him, she realized she didn’t know Harry all that much to respond. She just felt this unbreakable connection since the day they met in her senior year.

A nurse suddenly busted in cutting them off.

Mr. John will be out in a few hours.

John.

Is he better?” Louis asked taking the paper forms from her and signing them.

Damaged but he will gain his strength in a few days. I would have recommended he’d stay for more than a week here but he insisted on healing in his own house.

Okay thank you.” He answered sighing. The nurse left.

A bit of hesitation glued her lips together until realization hit her.

Y-Your uncle is John?

Louis just looked back at her gloomily. “I’m leaving Jasmine. Think about what I said. And remember Harry cares about no one.

Louis strode through the hallways without waiting for any kind of reaction and left her standing alone between those closing walls mystified.

~

Two hours have passed, and Jasmine was getting dizzy. She didn’t eat yet. She didn’t have the appetite to eat. What mattered at that moment was that Harry would get out alive and okay and everything will be alright.

The doctor has appeared behind the door leading to the operation rooms. His gloves covered in blood, he tossed them into the nearest garbage can.

How is Harry?!” She suddenly stood up and rushed towards him.

You’re his family?” He asked a bit confused probably since no one else asked about him.

Someone close.