Chapter 3 "Miss me?"

The time has flown by so hasty for anyone to notice, the smell of the freshly fallen leaves of the autumn wind was filling the atmosphere with its aroma, and schools and colleges have opened their gates to students once again. The past six months, weren’t ominous like the first one. Jasmine had her friends helping her go over Darren’s death, and start a new drama free life. It was harder than she thought at first, with everyone talking about his disappearance and death, and federal investigations that lead to nothing, however through the summer, she had found that special person that would make her forget the world and every tragedy she had witnessed. Having her friends disappear each one in a different state and college, all she had left was the only friend that got accepted in the same college, Quinn, and her four months boyfriend Liam Payne.

Off to a new start.” She sang holding on his firm hand as she parked in the students’ parking lot. Liam turned his sight towards her smiling gently as always, and beamed staring into her eyes. That was the moment of the new beginning he had promised her, that was the fresh page they had been talking about for the past couple of months promising to take care of each other.

I’m with you. That’s all that matters.” He whispered before they both took a nice deep breath and walked towards the huge gate. It didn’t matter what past she had. It didn’t matter what her memory was like. Liam was there for her to squeeze her hand when she felt nervous, to give her a hug when she felt lonely, and being with him in a whole new life felt somehow safe. One look into his brown eyes could make her calm and warm again.

A few students were gathering in the first class they had to attend. Jasmine and Liam found their places but had no intentions on sitting there half an hour before class starts like the first two nerds taking notes in front. Notes of what? God knows.

I’m coming over tonight.” Liam’s vision was holding on her dark eyes like a telepathic message.

You are more than welcome love.” She did not want to convince herself that what he was aiming for was true. Even though, it was about time to move on for real, and it couldn’t get any better in other than Liam’s firm arms.

I’ll hit the cafeteria to get us some coffee.”He bent down his hands in hers. “I won’t take long.

Right after he gave her a quick peck on the lips, she saw him disappear in the hallways whilst her red headed friend walked inside.

Quinn! You’re here!” Excited like never before, she jumped out of her seat hugging her friend tightly. “I thought you wouldn’t show up ‘til like twenty minutes from now.

My alarm clock wouldn’t shut up.” She hugged her back squeezing her tight. Being away from Quinn all summer felt like madness, but the bare idea that they were getting together in college again was heartwarming.

Eventually, throughout the summer everyone changed, even Jasmine. She didn’t change her secrecy personality or defensive attitude, but in some way she was feeling a bit more vulnerable than before. And hanging on to Liam seemed like a pretty good idea. The most important thing, she felt safe and loved around him and he would share the same thoughts.

Take a seat and tell me about your summer.” Jasmine smiled back and lied down again. The window gently was opening with the newly cold wind guttering inside the sweet smell of pinecones covering the university’s property land. It was kind of depressing to start studying and working hard again, but kind of thrilling to go through these adventures with her friends and have someone to push her to the limits just like Liam.

Well, um, mostly I spent it with Auntie’s dogs more than my cousins. But I liked the suburbs. So relaxing and people are friendly-