13

Jake's pov

No. "No, you're lying! TELL ME YOU'RE FUCKING LYING!!!" Grayson shouted at the doctor. We were all quiet. I felt my heart go down to my feet. No, this is all my fault. "I'm sorry sir but I'm afraid she is dead" the doctor looked down. "Y-your f-fucking l-lying" Ethan said in between sobs. "I'm sorry, you all can go in and see her if you like, but only one at a time" the doctor gave us sympathetic looks and left. "J-Jake y-you could g-go f-first" Austin mumbled. By now all of them were crying silently. I shook my head and said," I-I'll g-go l-last" they nodded. One by one they went in and it was finally my turn.

I walked in to see her asleep, or what I wanted her to be, in her bed. Her lifeless body laid there. I wanted to walk up to her and shake her and tell her to wake up and tell my this was all a lie, but I knew that wouldn't happen. I sniffed and wiped my tears with the back of my hand. I grabbed the chair next to the wall, placed it next to her, and took her cold hand in mine. "Ariana, p-please w-wake up. I know you're not here with me, but please, just please wake up. I know we didn't meet for long, but I wanted to tell you that i-i l-love y-you. Yes Ariana, I love you with everything I got and I couldn't show you, I blame myself every second of this day that you're gone. I didn't even get to know you a lot better. I-I don't know what's going to be of me when I leave here without you. I'm already a mess and without you, I'm nothing Ariana. Please wake up. Please. Wake up and tell me this was all a joke. I want to see you smile, and laugh until you have tears in your eyes. I wanna see you cuddled into your pillow when you feel lonely, only to be replaced with me this time. If I could go back a few hours I would Ariana, bloody hell Ariana, I would've never slapped you and treated you wrong. I'm sorry for hurting you like I did, I'm sorry for bringing you into this mess. If I would've left you alone this wouldn't have happened. I'm sorry you're d-dead. Fucking hell Ariana wake up!" I shouted the last sentence at her with tears running down my face. "Please wake up" I cried and put my head in her stomach. "Please"

Ariana's pov

I saw a light faint away. I followed it and before I even knew what I was doing I found myself in a completely white place. "Where am I?" I mumbled to myself. "Ariana?" I heard a faint voice say. I turned around and I saw a woman there dressed in all white. She looked a lot like me. "Y-yeah?" I questioned with a oblivious look. "My baby" she put her hands in her heart and came closer to me. "Excuse me?, am I supposed to know you?" I asked with a weird look. "I-I'm your mother, Ariana" she said looking down. "M-my w-what?" I asked. "Your mother Ariana, I know you believe Amanda is your mother but she's not" she said looking down. I then remembered that my heart stopped due to my 'parents' telling me that I was adopted. "W-why?" I asked her. "Why what honey?" She asked oblivious. "Why did you put me up for adoption?" I asked her stepping away from her. "Oh honey, is that what 'they' told you?, that's all lies" she said looking at me with a small smile. "You were 3years old, at pre-school at that time. We as in me, your dad, and your twin brothers Alex and Aiden ,were going for you, but in the way over there a truck driver hit my side of the car. Your brothers and dad were okay, just a few bruises and broken bones, but I-I didn't make it." She said looking at me. I was shocked. "Aaron, your dad, was devastated along with your brothers. After a few years of looking for you and not finding you where we had left you, they moved into a new state. The people in school told your dad that you got picked up from school by your aunt and uncle, but all your aunts and uncles lived outside the state. He later found out that you had gotten kidnapped. He cried for days because he had lost his little baby girl. He blames himself every day for my death and your kidnap" she said looking at me with a small smile. "Everyday he goes out to look for you along with your brothers. Your dad is 40 years old right now, your twin brothers are 19. It's been 14 years since you disappeared and my death Ariana." I was frozen right now trying to process what she just said. "M-mom. M-mommy?" I asked and ran up to her and hugged her with everything I had. "It's me baby" she whispered in my ear. I cried. I cried because everything I went through was a lie, everything I believed was my story was a lie? "So if you passed away, are we in heaven?" I asked looking at her. "Yes baby, but right now is not your time to be here. Everyone is going to pass one day but today isn't yours" she said. "B-but mom, c-can I stay with you?" I asked her hoping her answer would be 'yes'. "Oh Ariana, there's a lot of people that need you right now, especially that Jake boy, he's been crying non-stop asking you to wake up, you can't leave him hanging, and you need to find you dad and your brothers and tell them that you're alive baby" she smiled.  "But I don't want to leave you here mom" I said frowning. "Baby, one day we'll meet again okay, right now you have to try really hard to wake up, I love you so much Ariana" "I love you too mom" "Bye baby" she said and let me go. All the white turned into black and I tried really hard to open my eyes for a few minutes until I eventually did.

Jake's pov

I was sobbing hard when I feel her hand move. I looked up quickly to see her eyes closed. How stupid of me to think that she would wake up. I was about to put my head back down when "J-Jake?"