Chapter 2

Noah was there with his buds, sitting at the lunch table. I caught him stealing a glance over at my table with me, Layla, Amanda, Jasmine, Alex, and Ashley. "Mia, I think he likes you, I mean hes been looking over here like 5 times or more than that" Layla blurted out, giving a concerned look. " Your talking about the hot new boy, Noah?" Jasmine asked. Amanda and Layla nodded. I sighed," No he doesn't, were just friends, I think ". " You think, huh. I THINK he likes you as a girlfriend, not a friend" Amanda added nodding her head. Me an him have all periods together, and its been 2 weeks. I would have known if he liked me or not,right? I got up threw my tray McDonald's bag away, " He would have told me already, we have ALL classes together, so I would have known already" I said sitting back down. " Boys aren't that obvious, what boy would tell a girl they like her?" Alex asked. I thought about it an agreed. I have never seen a boy admit he liked a girl, probably only in movies. "Exactly" Ashley agreed. Lunch was almost over, so I walked with Jasmine and Ashley to music class. "Mia, he obviously likes you, you just can't see it yet. Boys give a lot of mixed feelings. You won't really know if they like you or not" Ashley said. That was the honest truth. We finally got to music class. Me, Jasmine, and Ashley walked to the last row and sat down. Noah and his threes friends just walked into class. I was this tall shadow that hung over me. I looked up and there was - Noah. Our eyes locked for probably 3 seconds. "Hey" he said, sitting down next to me. I awkwardly waved my hand at him. Ashley looked at me and smirked, Jasmine was too busy looking at her phone on Instagram. Class started and I was talking to Ashley about the musical notes. " This is a Treble Clef, and this is a Half note" she taught while pointing them out to me . She knew more about music than I did. " Doesn't one of these have 4 counts?" I asked . Ashley nodded. She didn't tell me what note had the 4 counts. Noah was talking to his friends,a row away from us. That was a good thing. It was 25 minutes until the bell ranged for our last class. Ashley just kept teaching me. I had to act as if I didn't notice Noah starring at me. " You seem interested in this stuff" he said out of nowhere. I nodded, trying to focused on Ashley. It was almost time to go. " Mia, can I ask you something?" Noah asked. Jasmine eyes grew big. Ashley pulled Jasmine with her to leave me and Noah alone. " Yeah, Sure " I said a little confused. He sighed, looked into my eyes and said " Do you... Do you wanna go on a date with me? Its fine if you say no " he said anxiously. I nodded ' YES '. He gave me his number and address, I did the same. The bell ringed and I told him bye and caught up with Has and Ashley.