Chapter 36

Erin

Dr. Dabny gave me the clear to leave the hospital, and he thought rehab was a brilliant idea to help me get off my cocaine habit. Before I left, he wanted to talk to me and my dad to give us his idea on what might be my problem, like I have a problem other than my addiction.

“So, Mr. Pittman, I talked to your daughter once since she came and I started to do a psych evaluation on her. However, I would have to keep her here longer and you informed me that she is going to rehab, so there they’ll have a psychiatrist that specializes in addiction.

“In the little time I had to talk to her, I started evaluating her, and I feel that not only does she have an addictive personality, but she has BPD, borderline personality disorder.” He told us. I rolled my eyes, and my dad raised his eyebrow.

“And what does that mean?” My dad asked.

“People with BPD usually act impulsively—like with the drugs—they have unstable relationships with people and have trouble regulating their thoughts as emotions. These are the people who go through severe depression, substance abuse, and ultimately suicide.” He explained looking at me. My top lip involuntarily pulled into a snarl. 

“That’s what I gathered. I could be wrong though, I mean I did only talk to her for one time for like half an hour.”

“And how would we treat her?”

“I would leave that up to the rehab specialists. They wouldn’t put her on pills or anything like that because of her past with substance abuse, but you should check in with the psychiatrist over there.”

“Okay. Well thank you for your diagnosis.” My dad said. He got up from his seat, and shook Dr. Abney’s hand. He helped me down from the hospital bed, and led me out the room. 

“I wish you the best of luck Ms. Pittman.” He shouted out behind us.

My dad checked me out and then took me back to my dorm room. I opened the door to see Frank and his boyfriend, my friends from the bar, and some other classmates which I had no idea why they were here.

“Welcome back, Erin.” They shouted as I walked in. I smiled widely; everyone that I needed was there, except for Chris. My smile dropped when I thought about that. I plastered on a fake smile, anyway to greet my guests. 

“I’m glad you’re okay, Erin.” Frank told me. 

“Thank you. I need to talk to you later.” I told him.

“About what?”

“You’ll see.” I replied. I greeted the people from the bar. I haven’t seen them in forever and I missed them greatly. 

“Are you guys ever going to move back?” I asked Jeff. He shook his head. 

“Sadly no, believe it or not there are a lot of alcoholics in the greater Boston area. It’s great for business.” He answered. They already had the bottles popping before I even got there so Jeff had a glass of his favorite, gin and tonic.

I pouted my lip. “You guys were like my family.”

“And families move away.” Jeff said with no type of remorse. He’s in Boston getting more money and he don’t know how to act.

I shook my head, and walked away to go find Frank so I can talk to him like I planned. I found Frank and Willy in the corner making out. I did an about face and went back to my friends. I did not want to be a cock blocker. 

“Erin,” Frank called out. I turned around to face him. 

“You finished sucking face with your man?” I questioned. He giggled, and a blush crept onto his brown face.