#Between_Light_And_Darkness

Flash back

~ Uta's place ~

" Uta-san! Are you here ?" Kaneki and you enter inside, looking around the place filled with different masks and sketches . Uta appears from behind your back with a light booh! You jump frightened while he starts laughing for a moment. " your reflexes are like a cat's " Uta smiles and goes greeting Kaneki.

" Kaneki- kun, is there anything wrong with your mask ?

" Huh ? Oh no no. I am here because i need to ask you a favor "

Kaneki speaks while sitting on a chair next to Uta. Meanwhile, you were looking around the place and all those fascinating by the delicacy the mask were build on, and their structure made you fall in love with them.

" So, what favor do you need Kaneki ?" 

" Well, i have been talking to Yoshimura about this drug given to ghoul to control their stamina and powers, and Yoshimura needs your help on finding a specimen of this drug and some information.. "

" Hmm, well i will do my best " Uta replies smiling 

~ End of flashback ~

You were in the bathroom crying your eyes out in despair while Kaneki was staring at the papers he was holding in his hand. Uta had left the place. Kaneki throws the paper on the bed and walks toward the bathroom,he opens  the door as you look at him crying your eyes out. He opens his arm notifying you to hug him as you do so. You hug him tight crying out loud as he feels even worse than before.

" Don't cry please.... " Kaneki tries to comfort you but brakes as starts to cry his tears rolling down fast.

" Kaneki.... " you barely say crying as your hands grip on his shirt even tighter

" I just.... don't want you to die.... " Kaneki says as he falls to his knees you following him. The two of you continue crying trying to comfort each other. After a while both of you start to relax as look at each others eyes as you remember Uta's words.

~ FLASHBACK ~

" here Kaneki .... the information you asked me "

Kaneki grabs the papers and starts reading them closely while you just observed.

" So, what is it Kaneki ?" You say with a soft and kinda curios face.

" It says here that..... whoever consumes this drug after a certain age will face a very dangerous illness causing them to die..... " Kaneki says his voice fading away while you froze in place.

"At what age Kaneki ?"  you ask with a terrified look on your face.

Kaneki looks away as Uta speaks up " After reaching 20

You stand still as tears start floating on your eyes.

Next chapter : #what_if?