Chapter 7: Rampage

Jessie's Point of View

The rest of the week goes on without incident. Jeff continues to go to the old Fletcher House while I'm at work. I don't know what he does there, and I don't care. He's away from me, that's all that matters. The bruise on my arm is barely visible now and Buck as kept to his word by not pressuring me about it. He has been overly affectionate ever since he kissed me. Although, I have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, it makes me really happy knowing he cares so much, but on the other hand, I worry about what might happen.

It's Friday already and all I can think about is being trapped in the house with Jeff again. The day comes to an end and Buck is waiting for me at the gate as usual. I walk up to bid him goodbye.

"Hey Jess, how about we get together this weekend and go do something?" Buck is smiling expectantly.

"Oh, I'm sorry Buck. Unfortunately, I have family coming into town this weekend." Having to come up with an excuse so suddenly makes my stomach turn. But I give a small smile just the same.

"Ah. Well, maybe next weekend." He smiles gently at me.

"Yeah..." 'Gah!' It breaks my heart lying. I want nothing more than to be with Buck.

Suddenly, he grabs my arm and pulls me to him. He wraps his arm around my waist and lifts my chin with his other hand. Leaning over, he presses his lips firmly against mine.

"...mmm..." I moan softly as he moves his hand from my chin to the back of my head, deepening the kiss.

The kiss is deep and more passionate from the first time, lasting several seconds. Heat floods my body, as if intoxicated by his vigor. He pulls his lips away from mine. Still holding me, he smiles softly.

"Buck..." I murmur his name breathlessly.

He comes in for another kiss, softer and gentler this time, then pulls away and loosens his hold on me. I take a step back looking up at his strong, mature face.

"Buck, I..." At a loss for words, I fall silent.

He gives me a mischievous grin. "I just can't help myself, Jess. You'd better leave before something worse happens."

I look down blushing, thinking about the implications of what he just said. "Bye, Buck." I speak in a hushed voice.

"Be careful this weekend. And no more bruises." He says a little more seriously.

"Okay." I give a small smile and get into the jeep.

I go pick Jeff up, as always, then drive towards my house. Jeff sits in the passenger seat and glares at me the whole way home. When we get home, he walks in behind me, slamming the door. I jump and spin around to see him staring angrily down at me.

"What the fuck do you think you were doing?!" He growls in a deep voice.

"What?" I'm taken aback by his sudden outburst. Taking several steps back, I move away from him. "What are you talking about?"

"What?! Did you think I wouldn't know?!" He steps menacingly towards me.

I continue to shrink away from him. "I-I don't understand." My voice shakes from my fear.

"Don't play dumb with me! What the fuck were you doing kissing that pretty boy?!"

Now that I know what he's talking about, I steady myself, getting angry in return. "What business is it of yours who I kiss?! You don't own me, Jeff!" My voice trembles through my fear and anger.