Chapter 2

Fortunately when we landed, I wasn't apart of "the mile high" club, which was alright with me.

As soon as got off the plane, there was an obvious difference. It was sunny, and warm, and the people were somewhat tan. Or at least they were tanner than they were in Chicago.

"This is the life" Calum smiled, and stretched his legs "Reminds me of when we were back in Australia" All four of the boys had grown up in Australia and had all moved here because of the pirates off the coast. They're parents were all friends and had made the decision together to move, so naturally, they all stayed close during it. Packing up and moving across the world is rough, so you have to find something that reminds you of home. And to each other, they're the last thing they had left of Australia.

"We need to visit there next" I bumped Luke's shoulder with mine.

"I'd love to take you there. Imagine how sun-burnt you'd get" he laughed

"Listen, Casper, you're whiter than me" we had all stopped in front of the baggage claim, to wait for our luggage "so I don't know why you're expecting me to be the most burnt"

"Gracie.." Ashton but in, " you've got to admit, you're kind of pasty right now. Not that Luke's much better, but still you're pale"

"Shut it, you whore" I joked. I knew I was pasty. I blamed it on Chicago's pollution cloud, blocking the sun.

"Bags" Michael pointed out and started taking our bags off the conveyor belt.

Once we had our bags, we walked outside and waited for our ride.

An old friend ours had retired and moved to San Francisco a couple years back, so when we started making plans to go on holiday, naturally we called her.

We stood outside for about 5 minutes, stripping off unnecessary hoodies and jackets. The weather here was at least 60 degrees warmer then Chicago's stupid, winter weather.

A limo pulled up in front of us and none of us paid attention to it, until a familiar puff of white hair, stepped out of the back.

"Those cannot be my babies" the lady, who had stepped out of the car said, sounding like she was going to cry.

"Mary" we all squealed, a little bit in excitement.

She was a very short women, who wore her snow white hair, curled on top of her head, pale pink lipstick, and seemed to have a few more wrinkles than the last time we had seen her.

"Okay kids" she said, starting to take my bag, to put it in the trunk of the limo, instinctively, the boys all started helping "there'll be plenty of time for hugs and catching up on the drive back, but these airport guys are assholes, so get in the car fast." Mary never really had a filter on her mouth. She was like the cool grandma, that everyone wanted to have.

Once we all got situated in the limo, we all started talking over each other

"Children" Mary put her hand up to silence us "I've missed you. Seems like you're not children anymore"

"Yeah" Michael ran his hand across the back of his neck "We've all kind of grown up"

"I see. Gracie, I see you're still the only girl in the group." that was always a joke growing up. O was always "one of the guys", but things had changed

"No, Mary" I rolled my eyes jokingly "We actually have more female friends back home. Two actually. I'm just the only one crazy enough to travel with these guys"

"Oh two girls" she laughed "Who are they dating?"

"Wow, you're good" I laughed, wondering why she knew they'd have to be dating the boys "Eleanor is dating Ashton. And Kai and Luke are just friends, but we all know they're going to date soon"