Chapter 19

(Long time, no see. Jk but sorry I haven't been updating as much. I'll try to keep up over winter break ;)))) get it WINTERBREAK. okay I'll just update now).

Sam and Danny and Liam. A drunken love triangle. At that moment Sam was too shit-faced to know any better. Danny was high on vibes, with no idea what had happened. And Liam was innocent, confused boy, who didn't know any better.
No one was going to be much help. They were all too busy enjoying the party, so I figured, what Danny doesn't know won't hurt him. I tried to distract myself, making an effort to find my drunken boyfriend. He was by with Ashton, Alex and Michael, so I went over to them, pushing my way through sweaty, dancing bodies.
The music was too loud to hear what they were talking about, but I was more concerned with the kisses that Cal had started peppering down my jawline.
"Whoa there busy boy.." I pushed his head, receiving a groan "no PDA"
"Why not?"
"Cause no"
"God, you're so hot" his words slurred together "Will you marry me?" I was taken back by his words, so I just looked at him.
"You're drunk"
"I may be drunk, but I know what I want. And that's you. Marry me"
"I think we need to go home, Calum"
"Why?"
"Because..." I made my rounds, saying goodbye to everyone, then got Calum and started driving home.
"I didn't want to leave" Calum whined, sleepily from the backseat.
"Well we needed to. You're drunk. And I'm tired and it was getting too much to handle."
"Was it your anxiety?" His words came out perfectly, no slurs, worry evident in his voice.
"Sort of"
"Are you okay?" He battled the alcohol.
"Yeah I'll be fine" we got home, stripping out of our party clothes right away, and climbing into bed together, then passing out.
Sadly, our slumber didn't last long, or at least mine didn't. I was awoken by my phone ringing. I broken free of Cal's arms and grabbed it, glancing at the time, before answering Michael's call.
3:47 a.m.
"Michael?" I asked, groggily "What's wrong?"
"Oh god, grace. Have you seen Sam? Did you take her home?"
"No. I haven't seen her since the party. Why, what's wrong?" I sat up worried, pushing my messy hair off of my face.
"None of us can find her. She's not answering her phone. We don't know where she went"
"Did you call Kai? Or Elly?"
"Yeah. None of them have seen her since the party"
"Did you ask Liam too?"
"Yeah him either"
"She made..."
"I know she made out with Liam..." He cut me off "that's beside the point right now"
"Okay. I'll try to call her too"
"Okay. Call me back"
"I will" I killed the line and frantically searched for Sam's contact.
I called six times, each time it rang, but never went through. Sam was so attached to her phone, something wasn't right. I called Mikey back, and he picked up in the first ring.
"Anything?"
"No I called six times" there was a slight beeping noise on his end and then some cursing
"I gotta take this. It's Danny"
"Okay call me back"
"Okay" the line went dead and I sat in the dark room, the only noise was Calum's quiet snoring. I tried calling her again, but this time it didn't even ring, it just hung up, as if she had answered and quickly ended it.
Mikey's call flashed across my screen and I answered.
"Don't try anymore" he choked back tears.
"Michael, what happened?"
"Danny got a call. They found her car overturned in a ditch. She flipped it"
"Oh god.."
"That's not the worse part Grace" hearing him say my name so sadly, made the tears fall from my eyes. "She's gone"
"No. I just saw her. She can't be gone Michael" I explained, not seeing that as a possibility.
"Grace. She's gone" he hiccuped
"No" a tear fell onto my shirt "No. That's not possible. I JUST saw her"
"Grace. No you didn't. That was hours ago, goddammit. She's gone now" he practically yelled at me
"No "
"Grace. Can I come over?"
"Yes" the line fell silent, but I kept the phone pressed to my ear.
Finally, I let the tears flow freely. My choking noises filled the room and woke Calum up. He pulled me against his body, stroking my hair lightly.
"What's wrong baby?"
"S-Sam died" maybe it was the shock, or the alcohol, or both, he he shot off the bed and ran to the bathroom to puke. I sat in the quiet room, filling it again, with sobs.
I heard the front door, but I didn't move. I sat with my face in my hands, feeling the tears wetting my hands.
"Grace?" He had been crying too, I could tell just by his voice "Are you okay?"
"No" I choked out and immediately felt his embrace, or maybe it was Calum's, but someone was holding me, so I fell into their chest. It was Mikey, his shoulders not broad enough to to be Calum. "That's not fair. She didn't deserve that" I cried.
"She didn't. Don't talk about baby girl. Not right now. Not right now. Shh shh" he started rubbing my back. He was trying to be strong for me, but I knew he wanted to cry along with me.
"Michael" I looked up at him, through ready eyes "you can cry too"
"I've done enough crying."
"It's okay Michael. You don't have to put up a front for me"
"I know.." He choked "I know" he finally let the tear fall out and I pulled him down, so he was sitting on the bed, and we were holding each other.
Calum came in, coughing a bit still, and noticed Mikey.
"I'm sorry"
"Calum. It's not your fault"
"I know. I'm sorry though. I wasn't as close to her as you guys. I'm sorry"
Neither of us said anything, but I nodded slightly and threw myself into his lap.
Mikey kept pulled his knees to my chest and leaned against me. I felt his back heaving as he cried, uncontrollably. Calum, rubbed my back. He was put in the situation of comforting us, and there was really no way to do that at the moment.
We cried, filling the room with a series of heaves, sobs and hiccups. No one talked. There was an unspoken agreement not to talk, that would only make this worse.
At some point, we cried ourselves to sleep, trying to deal with the pain forced upon us.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I woke up and Mikey wasn't in the room anymore, so I got up and went to look for him.
I found him, sitting completely straight on the couch. I say down next to him, not saying anything. Both of our eyes puffy, from all the tears shed. He put his arm around me, and pulled me into a half ass hug.
His face had never looked so sad, and it was killing me, though I was probably doing the same thing to him.
We say that until finally he spoke "We need to call Danny. Or at least I do"
"Go ahead. You should go see him. He needs you more than me"
"Okay.." He nodded his head "I'll go"
"Call me?"
"Of course" I stood up and walked towards the door with him, hugging him one more time, making this one longer than the others, then he left.
I went back to the couch and sat down, trying to process everything that had happened in the last 24 hours. The one realization I had finally made that I had made was that she was gone. Just like that. Gone.