SLN (part two)

You ran into the penthouse, tears streaming down your face. Uncontrollable sobs escaped your lips, your vision began to fog up from all the crying.

      You grabbed your suitcase out of from the closet, throwing on the bed and quickly opened the flap, beginning to toss the clothing items you had along with you inside.

You and Ross have only been dating for one month, but it still had a huge effect on you. Ross is not only your boyfriend—ex, but he has been your best friend for two years! You couldn't believe he could do such a thing to you—anyone! Ross was not the cheating-type, ever. He was way too sweet, charming and kind to be one of those guys who could care less about others and cheat.

"Y/N?" You heard Ross's voice echo through the penthouse, sounding desperate and worried.

"Fuck off!" You barked, your jaw clenching. "I told you, we are through, so don't waste your breath."

Ross barged in your room, his expression full of exasperation and guilt.

"Y/N, please," he begged, walking in the room fully. "Y/N, can we please just talk about this first?" Ross touched your shoulder softly, which only caused you to flinch away, slapping his hand.

"Don't touch me!" You snapped. "Not after your hands were around her waist, practically squeezing her ass!"

"I wasn't—"

"Why were you even with her, Ross? Why were you dancing with her?" You cut him off, beginning to question him. His eyes darted to the floor, his head down in shame. "I go to the bathroom for two seconds, and I come out to see your hands all over her—just moments before the clock strikes twelve. How did that happen, huh? Did you just casually stroll over to Courtney?"

"It wasn't anything like that, Y/N," Ross sighs, putting a hand in his blonde locks in frustration. "You know I would never intend to hurt you, let alone cheat on you in any shape or form. Especially after Courtney cheated on me! For god sakes, Y/N you're my girlfriend!"

"That didn't stop you from kissing her, did it Ross?" You huffed, crossing your arms over your chest.

"Why did you even go to the restroom when you knew it would officially be New Years in a few minutes?" He fired back, twisting the accusations on you. "You left me there like a lonely sore thumb!"

"Don't you dare go accusing me now," you jabbed your finger in his chest in anger. "You're pathetic, you know that? Pathetic!"

"I know I am," he sighs deeply, burying his face in his hands. "I'm sorry Y/N, I'm so, so sorry. It all just happened so fast, she kissed me! I pushed her off me right away. When she came over asking me to dance, all I could think of was all the happy times we shared together and how she broke her heart. I-I don't know why I said yes, Y/N, I swear. Courtney is history, you are now. I...I don't wanna lose you."

"Well, maybe you should of thought about that before," you hissed, continuing to throw your belongings in your suitcase. You were sure there was mascara dripping down your cheeks, you hair was probably a mess and you were falling apart.

You always dreamed of having Ross for yourself when he was together with Courtney. You were always in love with him, but you never told anyone—which is why this hurts you so much. Anyone can call it a stupid, sappy love story where the two are best friends, but secretly the girl is hopelessly in love with her friend, but never expresses it. It's true, though.

You felt Ross's soft honey eyes burning through the back of your head, as he stood there lifelessly watching you pack away your things.

"It's funny, you know," Ross breaks the silence, a broken, unhappy chuckle escaping his lips. "Courtney—she was never the one. For the longest time I let myself believe I was in love with her, but I really wasn't. She was just a distraction, from the one I knew (or thought) I could never have. I liked Courtney, but I could feel it wasn't love."