III

Ashton

"I literally have no choice, Bryana. I'm sorry." I said into the phone, starting to cry.

"Please, Ashton. You don't have to do this. I love you." She said, her voice cracking.

"I'm sorry. I love you too." I hung up.

Almost immediately, I broke into a hysterical fit of tears. I laid in bed, feeling helpless and lonely. I miss her already.

I heard the door open, and someone hugged me tightly.

"I'm sorry this had to happen." I heard Calum say.

I hugged him back and cried into his shoulder. I felt kind of embarrassed but I couldn't stop crying.

What have I done?

Connor

"CONNOR!" Dad banged on my door.

I stayed where I was, curled up in a little ball in the corner of my room, crying hysterically.

"Connor, please." I heard Dad crying outside my door.

I looked down at my wrist through blurry vision. The letter P in cursive was drawn on my wrist in permanent marker yesterday when Mum left. She and Dad had gotten into a big fight, again, but this time she actually left. She left the house and hasn't come home.

Now, Dad is telling me the plane she was on crash landed in Ireland. Things couldn't go worse. I stared at the letter P, remembering her. My mother.

Feeling hopeless and alone, I fell asleep on the floor.

I dreamed about her. My mother.

Her voice was like a symphony, her hair the color of honey. Her hugs were the best in the world, always making me feel better. No matter what happened, Mum would be there for me.

When I wanted to dye my hair the first time, she personally took me to the salon and made sure it was what I wanted.

When I got bullied at school, she'd be there to help me feel better.

When I was fighting depression, she was there to help me see the light.

When I found out I had bipolar, she was there to make sure I was okay at all times.

She was always there, but how would I go on without her?

How would I get through my sad days without her?

How would I go on without her?

I don't want to go on without her.

I don't want to have to survive alone, without my Mum.

I don't want to do anything without my mother by my side.

And I'm not going to.