XXIII

Michael

"Thanks for the ride, Michael." She thanked me.

"You're welcome." I said, smiling down at her.

She smiled back, and got out the van. I watched her walk towards the biggest house in the neighborhood, and walk through the white gates. Her long, wavy, purple hair cascaded down her back, making her look shorter from afar.

She turned around and waved at me before entering her house. A sudden wave of loneliness washed over me as the driver started driving back home. I slouched back in my seat, knowing Luke and Calum were probably destroying the place now.

I stared out the window the entire way through, engulfed in my thoughts.

I just wish management wasn't so harsh.

"Hey, we're here." The driver, Benny, told me.

"Thanks, man." I thanked him, hoping out the van.

I walked down the pavement, and into the big apartment building. I took the elevator up to the twenty-first floor, and walked down the house to our penthouse. Terrified, I stood outside the door, listening to what was going on inside.

"CALUM, THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!" Luke yelled.

"NO IT'S NOT! I WAS JUST TRYING TO HELP!" I heard something smash.

"YOU DIDN'T HELP AT ALL!"

I heard a loud smacking sound. Almost immediately I unlocked the door and ran inside.

Luke was punching Calum in the face as Calum tried to pull Luke off of him. Luke was yelling swears and crying hysterically, Calum seemed more furious than anything. I ran up to them, trying to pull them apart. Calum's lip started bleeding, and the left half of his face was red.

"LUKE, STOP!" I yelled at him, pulling him away from Calum.

Luke stood up and angrily backed up and away from Calum. Calum stood up and lunged towards Luke, but I stood between them and he punched me square in the nose. My nose felt numb, and I could feel blood dripping out of it.

I started feeling lightheaded as Calum left the room and Luke walked up to me with a worried expression. Everything felt dizzy and I couldn't hear much. I started falling, but Luke caught me.

"Michael? Are you okay?" I heard him say.

His voice seemed so distant. I closed my eyes in pain as my nose started hurting badly. I heard yelling, and Luke laid me down on the floor. I felt his footsteps run away, and come back. I felt something cold on my nose, which made it hurt even more.

I winced, putting my hand up to my nose. I felt a cold baggie of ice on my nose, and also Luke's bloody hand. I could hear faint voices, but I couldn't understand what they were saying. I felt so weak, so tired. I just wanted to go to sleep.

So I did.