IX

Connor

I walked out the living room to go make us some hot chocolate. I walked down the hall to the kitchen, thinking of how hard it must've been to be him.

He cut, it must've been really bad.

I opened the kitchen door. I walked in, and walked towards the cupboard. I took out the little box of packets of instant hot chocolate. I took two out and set it on the counter. I opened the refrigerator and got the milk out. I got two mugs out the cupboard, one brown and one red.

Mum made the entire house be a red, brown and grey theme. She loved those colors, she said it reminded her of her childhood home, with her grandmother, where she lived until she was fifteen.

I put the mugs of milk in the microwave, setting it at two minutes. As I was waiting, I thought of going to the paint shop soon. I was running low on oil paints again, and  needed it to complete my recent project. I'd probably leave with extra stuff like copic markers, bristle board paper, mulitliner pens, and more, but I also wanted to see Preston.

The microwave beeped three times, signaling the time was over. I opened the microwave door and pulled out the hot mugs of milk. I poured in the hot chocolate mix and stirred it with a spoon. I walked out the kitchen with the mugs in my hands, being careful not to drop them.

I walked down the hall and back to the living room, where I found Austin sleeping in Ashton's lap. Ashton looked like he was about to fall asleep, and I smiled at them.

I set the mugs on the coffee table, and picked Austin up from his lap. He jerked up, and watched me walk out the room with Austin in my arms.

She snored into my ear, and she was heavy. I carried her up the stairs and into her room. I laid her in her magenta bed and tucked her in. I looked at the time on the clock, seeing it was 10:21 p.m..

I walked back down to the living room, where Ashton was enjoying his hot chocolate. I sat next to him and took the red mug, sipping out of it. I looked up at him, and he looked down at me.

He had a chocolate mustache on his upper lip, making him look hilarious. I laughed loudly at him, and he chuckled along with me, probably unsure of why I was laughing.

Every time I looked up at him, I fell into a fit of laughter. After a while I took the sleeve of my sweater and wiped the chocolate mustache off his lips. He turned bright red and watched as I kept laughing.

"You looked hilarious." I told him once I calmed down.

"I did?" He smiled.

"Yeah." I said, taking a sip of my not so hot chocolate.

"Oh. Oops." He said, shrugging his shoulders.

I giggled, and we spent the night talking and snacking on the cookies I had made the night before.