XVII

Connor

"Where do you think he went?" I wiped my tears off my cheeks.

"I'm not sure." Michael's face was red from crying.

"Maybe he's by the bridge." I couldn't think of anywhere else he'd go.

"Let's go check." He stood up and wiped his face with his sleeve.

I was half dry, but still very cold, even though Michael gave me his jacket.

He had told me that while Ashton was gone, they've all been growing apart. Calum has been blaming them, instead of blaming who really made it all worse. Michael told me that Luke decided he'd adopt a child, but Calum had already told Ashton to just break up with Bryana.

So it was all Calum's fault.

Michael helped me stand up, I smiled up at him.

"You're very small." He said in a small voice, smirking down at me.

"You're very tall." I tippy-toed, trying to seem bigger.

"Your hair color is amazing. How'd you get it like that?" He asked me.

"Thanks.  I have no idea, I just told the hair dresser I wanted it purple and this happened." I told him.

"You need to tell me who your hair dresser is, girl. Your hair is fab." He made silly hand gestures to match the high voice he was doing.

I giggled, and we began walking to the bridge in search of Ashton.