XVIII

Ashton

"ASHTON?" I heard a familiar voice yell.

My eyes fluttered open and I noticed the sun was slowly rising. I sat up and yawned, but my nose was stuffed. I started breathing through my mouth since I couldn't breath through my nose and looked around.

"ASHTON!" I heard the voice call again.

I looked down the path in front of me and saw Connor and Michael running up to me. I wanted to run, but where would I run to?

"Where have you been?" Michael asked as he stopped in front of me.

"Are you alright?" Connor asked, hugging me tightly.

I stayed silent and still, but after a while I hugged her back.

She was so warm. And I could tell it was Michael's jacket but it was still soft. I hugged her tighter, tears beginning to roll down my cheeks. She hugged me back, and I could here her crying.

"Where have you been?" She asked between sobs.

"Here." I told her.

"Out here in the cold? See! I told him, we should have come sooner." She rubbed my back, which felt good. "You're gonna be okay."

"Ashton, I'm so sorry all of this happened. It's all Calum's fault! He should have never told you to break up with her before we all talked through it together." Michael said, his voice wavering a bit.

I looked up and noticed he was crying. He wiped his tears away as he joined the hug. I extended my arm to hug him back. I could feel his tears drop onto my shirt. I started crying, which felt weird since my nose was stuffed.

"Let's get you warm, and safe." Connor broke the group hug and everyone stopped crying.

"Where will we go?" I asked, sneezing right afterwards.

All the snot that was in my nose flew straight out and onto my shirt. I quickly covered it with my arm.

"Ewwwwww." Michael stared at me.

Embarrassment filled my body as the slimy snot got on my arm. 

"Here." Connor pulled a tissue out Michael's coat pocket.

"Where did that come from?" Michael questioned.

"Your jacket pocket." Connor told him.

She gave me the tissue and I awkwardly wiped the snot off my shirt. Michael gave me a disgusted face as I blew my nose loudly. Once I was done, I realized I was freezing cold. I shivered as Connor helped me up. 

"We're going somewhere I know is safe."