XIII

TRIGGER WARNING !!!!!!!!!!

Ashton

The doorbell rang. Connor shouted "Hold On!" as she wrapped the last bandage around my wrist.

I cut again.

I couldn't help it. I needed to feel the pain I deserved.

Connor fastened the bandage with medical tape and closed the first aid kit box. She pushed the box under the couch and stood up, walking out the room.

I sat in silence. The silence that I hated.

I heard talking and laughing from the hall, probably Connor's friend.

What did she mean before when she said he was different?

Connor walked in the room with a guy. He looked shady.

He wore a black leather jacket and black skinny jeans, along with black converse. His blonde hair swept over his forehead, covering his left eye and he had a lip ring.

He reminded me of Luke. Almost instantly, I felt hatred for him. He sneered at me. I got a gut feeling I was gonna have a problem with him.

"Preston, this is Ashton. Ashton, this is Preston." Connor introduced us.

I waved awkwardly.

"Hey, aren't you the dude that's been all over my Twitter feed?" He asked bluntly.

I stayed silent, quite annoyed.

"Preston, don't." Connor told him off.

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to know." He put his hands up.

"The records are in the attic." Connor told him.

"Alright." Preston evilly smiled at me and walked out the room.

"Sorry about that." Connor apologized. "He's like that. But I promise, he's not always like that."

"Oh." I said, still upset at Preston.

"Yeah."

The room filled with silence.

Just as I was about to say something, a loud bang and crash came from upstairs.

"Oh, no." Connor ran out the room.

I sat back, in silence.

Connor didn't seem to come back, and it didn't seem she was coming back any sooner. I decided to carry out the plan I had been working on for the past few days.

I stood up and sneaked to Mr. Jafleck's office. I knew she went there everyday by 3 to  feed the pet turtle they had there, so I left a note by the tank.

"Bye, Bellezza." I said goodbye to the turtle.

I knew her name was Italian, but it was still kind of weird to say it. I left the note where I knew Connor would find it, and left his office.

I walked down the hall and to the room I've been sleeping in for the past few days. I checked the time. It was 2:51.

Just enough time.