Chapter One: The Royal Announcement

The Cluster Family on Mars

by KC

Chapter One: The Royal Announcement

Far across the ocean, in a sea never set eyes upon by civilized man, there is an island kingdom known as Clusterland. It is a lush green land, where herds of docile pigs and cows roam freely thru the meadows and forests. In the center of the island is the Royal Palace of Clusterland. There reside the Cluster King Nekker, the Queen Needer, the Grand Duchess Topper and the masses of Cluster Princes and Princesses. Today the feeling of intense excitement ran thru the palace as the Royal Cluster Family rushed to the Throne Room to hear a special announcement to be given by King Nekker.

The king sat on the royal throne with a stupid smile upon his lips. “I have some very exciting news that will thrill you all!” he said with a sigh, as his thoughts wandered out the window and into Queen Needer’s garden, where he had left his favorite green tricycle. They raced back into the throne room as the king realized that Gipper, the youngest Cluster Prince, was gnawing on his toes.

“Ahem!” he continued, giving the Cluster Family a stern stare that fooled no one, “I have decided that it is time that we take a vacation. As you all know, we’ve worked hard this last year, chasing the herds of docile pigs and cows that roam freely thru the meadows and forests. I think it’s time for a break.”

“Where are we going?” asked the lovely yet pitiful Queen Needer, “You know I have to take along the cosmically correct nail polish!”

“I have decided,” proclaimed the king with such ferociousness that everyone couldn’t help giggling, “that we shall go to Mars!”

“To Mars!” exclaimed the entire Cluster Family (including the king) at once, “What’s on Mars?”

“You’ll see,” chided the king mysteriously, tho it was plainly obvious to everyone that he knew no more about Mars than they did.

The room became filled with the roar of the entire Royal Cluster Family, as they talked about the things they were going to see and do.