Chapter Three: No Bridge to Cross

Grand Duchess Topper was very busy packing the luggage for the trip, and King Nekker was just as busy unpacking everything to make sure that everything met with his Royal approval. 

But finally the day arrived, and the Royal Cluster Family was assembled in front of the palace.

“By the way,” asked Queen Needer, “How are we getting to Mars?”

King Nekker looked a little embarrassed, but said, “We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it!”

Queen Needer thought deeply and then said, “But the problem is that there isn’t a bridge. We live on an island in a sea never set eyes upon by civilized man, remember?”

“Then what shall we do?” cried King Nekker in anguish, looking like he was about to break into tears.

Grand Duchess Topper was getting a little bored with all this, and said, “Why don’t we just go in the Cluster Spaceship, where I’ve already packed everything?”

“What an excellent idea!” exclaimed King Nekker, in joy, “I’m so glad we have someone as brilliant as you, to pull us thru these crises!”

So without further delay, the Cluster Family boarded the spaceship. Luckily, it had automatic controls that Grand Duchess Topper set for Mars. They all strapped themselves into ther custom made official launching chairs and prepared for takeoff.