《Chapter 29》

Three months later

"Gha duh jah mmm" Dylan mumbles, smacking her Barbie on the floor with one hand, the other hand in her mouth dripping with slobber.

"Oh yeah?" Luke laughs. Dylan stops smacking her Barbie on the ground and just stares at Luke. He scoots up closer to Dylan from his spot on the carpet next to her.

"Can I see your doll?" he laughs, putting his hand out. She scrunches her eyebrows together and moves her head to the side a little bit, slowly pulling her Barbie away from him.

"What if I get my doll? Will you play with me?" he says, sitting up and crossing his legs Indian-style. He lifts Dylan up into his lap and puts his nose to hers. He smiles, but she doesn't. Dylan raises her slobbery Barbie doll and knocks Luke on the side of the head with it.

"Hahaha!" I laugh from my spot in the hallway behind Luke and Dylan in the livingroom.

"She hates me! I get it now! She just truly, genuinely, hates my guts!" Luke playfully growls.

"I'm glad you've wrapped your head around it." I laugh, giving him a kiss.

●○●○●○

"This girl in the newpaper is really hot!" Calum laughs, glancing at the newspaper thats been sitting on my counter for weeks.

"Calum..." Hope says.

"Yeah?"

"It says she was killed in a car accident last week."

"Oh. Then nevermind... what's her name?"

"Tampa Florence."

"Tampa Florence... why does that name sound crazy familiar?"

"Um... she lived in Australia so you probably do know her. She has black curly hair and dark skin in this picture so she probably wasn't born in Australia.... and I can't tell the color of her eyes."

"Hmm." he says, shrugging his shoulders "maybe she was just in some of my classes or something."

We're all over at A squared plus Dylan and Calum's house talking and watching reruns of Zoey101, because Hope, Ashley and I want Dylan to live her life correctly from the start, starting with knowing the Zoey101 theme song as soon as she can talk.

There was a knock at the door so Luke goes to answer it.

"Um.. hello officer." He says, looking back at us in the livingroom with wide eyes.

Calum and Ashton jump up to meet Luke at the door. Ashley and Hope take Dylan to the kitchen, and I go to check out what's going on at the door.

"Hello sir. Does Calum Hood live at this residence?"

"That's me officer... Dallas." Calum said, studying the police guy's name tag.

"Sir, we know this may come as a surprise to you but we have someone you need to meet."

Two more officers walk up, Officer Grier was holding the hand of a little girl, and the other, Officer Espinosa, was holding two pink bags.

"Mr. Hood, this is Candice Hood. Her mother died about two weeks ago in a car accident. She is your biological daughter."

"W-wait." he laughs. "She's not my daughter! I don't have a kid!"

"Her mother was Tampa. Her grandparents aren't well enough to take her in. No means for pressure, sir, but it's either her biological father, which is you, or foster care."

"So you are telling me that I've had a daughter for..."

"She's four."

"I've had a daughter for four years and I had no idea?! I'd like to see your badge so I know this isn't some stupid joke." he nervoulsy laughs.