3 ↠ Slander.

Slan•der
noun
Make false and damaging statements about (someone).

"I don't know why the book always does that. Maybe it's a forewarning of some sort." Oliver was messing with the pages while Taylor was in the bathroom.

"What's it say?" Taylor flushes the toilet and goes to wash her hands. Oliver flips back to the page to read the word.

"Slander. Basically gossip, which is kind of expected in high school." Oliver looks up to Taylor who is now drying her hands.

"I've gotta get back out there, the teacher's probably wondering why it took so long." Taylor grabs the book and the cat and shoves it back into her bag, throwing it in the locker room.

Taylor then runs back out to the game of volleyball, where Karlie and her friends were playing.

"You sure take long restroom breaks Taylor." Doutzen says, bumping the ball over to Joan. Joan completely misses, and runs after the ball.

"I was basically just on my phone, I got a text and I couldn't help but wonder if it was important. It wasn't." Taylor catches the ball Joan throws back into the circle, setting it over to Karlie whom spikes it onto Jourdan. Jourdan takes the ball straight to the face.

Everyone laughs at poor Jourdan, who is now on the floor from impact. Karlie puts out a hand for Joan to take, and slings her back up to standing position. Joan shakes her head.

     "You're lucky we're in school Kloss, because I would totally knock you out." Joan spikes the ball back at Karlie, who catches it with no try at all. Taylor was undeniably staring at Karlie. She was completely confused on how Karlie looks the exact same, but doesn't know her.

"Yeah Joanie. You can't even spike a ball let alone throw a punch." Karlie pokes back at Joan, who was now gritting her teeth. Doutzen was now busy flirting with a bunch of boys, and had no intention of joining back in PE anytime soon.

"God. Doutzen is such a slut. Don't you think Karlie?" Joan was setting the ball to Taylor, as she sets it to Karlie. Karlie hits the ball and shakes her head.

"No. She's just looking for a boyfriend. You're just like that because she totally talked to your crush and won him over." Karlie simply says. Taylor's brain remembers that the book was right. Slander.

"Whatever. It's still not right. What a whore—" The PE teacher blows her whistle and yells for the class to go get dressed out. All of the now teen girls scramble to the dressing room, trying to be the first one to get dressed out.

•••

"Hey Taylor? What's your next period?" Karlie walks over to Taylor, fully dressed in her preppy attire.

"Uhm, world history." Taylor tells her, putting on her bookbag and grabbing her bag with Oliver in it. Karlie's eyes brighten as her grin turns to a smile.

"Oh thank God! I thought I had no one to talk to in there! Let's walk to class together." Karlie begs the shorter blonde. Taylor can't help but to blush at her once girlfriend.

"Sure Karlie. Let's go."

•••

"You're serious? You have an album? Why have I never heard of you before?" Karlie slams Taylor with questions, sitting down at a desk beside the blonde.

"Yeah. It's called Taylor Swift. I think it's out right now." Taylor complies, trying to remember if she's even sold her first album.

"That's so cool. But you just sound so familiar! Are you sure we haven't met before?" Karlie gets out a binder with a polaroid of her with her sisters. It looks to be her world history binder.

"Like I said before, probably at a party or something. But, you've honestly been the nicest person I've met this year." Taylor fumbles, trying to win Karlie over with her words.

"Aw Taylor! That's so sweet. It's only the first day though, and you were looking a little lost. I hope we can be friends?" Friends. Karlie was smiling at Taylor, as the teacher cut them off by putting up directions on the board. Taylor nods her head and sighs.

"Pst! It's a good start Taylor! I'll explain why Karlie is so special when we get home today." Oliver whispers to her in the bag. Taylor huffs and sits back to look at Karlie's features once again.

She's still so beautiful.

•••

It was about 5 minutes until lunch time, and class was pretty much over. The teacher just gave them some sheet to get to know them, as the students rambled to each other.

A minute later, a student wearing a hoodie rushed in. Karlie looked up from her sheet and let out a giggle. The hooded person sat down in the far back of the room, and just sat there.

"Miss Delevingne. You're completely late. I'd like to talk to you after class." The teacher tells her. Taylor shakes her head, knowing that Cara is still the same old Cara.

"Excuse Cara. I didn't even know she was in this class. She never has taken school seriously. You want to sit together at lunch?" Karlie leans over to Taylor, whispering into her ear.

"I'd love to. I only have one or two friends of my own." Taylor scrambles to put her binder away.

"Sounds great. Can we talk to Cara really quick before she gets slammed by the teacher?" Karlie smiles at her.

"Do you really have to ask me that Karlie. Come on, she seems interesting enough." Taylor pulls Karlie up and drags her over to Cara.

Karlie pulls down Cara's hood to reveal her same look of the party, just different clothes.

"Oi! Do you mind—Oh. It's just Kloss. Did you make a new friend while I was gone?" Cara leans up from her seat to look at Taylor.

"Yup! Her name's Taylor. Thought I'd introduce you guys." Karlie looks back and forth between the two.

"Looks pretty. And familiar. We met before?" Cara asks Taylor.

"I think everyone asks me that. Good luck with your punishment though." Taylor looks at the teacher who was advancing closer to the group.

"We'll see you later Cara. If you see us at lunch, come hang," Karlie quickly says. The teacher shoos the two off as they walk out the class together.

Taylor's smile only grows. She's met two of her lost friends today. Karlie was staring at her.

"What are you smiling about?"

"My luck."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3 is done! You've now met two of our protagonist's friends!

I trying to match what I think they'd act like in high school, but it's not working well

But anyways, what did you guys think? Do you like how I'm putting the character's personalities? You guys haven't even met the enemy antagonists yet... Who would you guys like? I might change them if someone comments.

Stay klossy.
-Mallery doesn't eat Thanksgiving food