chapter 29

1/16/19-7/16/32 Zander L. Greir

Hayes' pov

"Zander Lee Grier, third child to Hayes and Skylar Grier--oldest of the doctuplets. My brother, my best friend, my worst enemy, my counselor, my living diary. All of these things and more describe Zander. He was 14 and a half years old when he was taken from us, but that just shows that you never know when your time to leave this world will be. We all have a limited number of days, Zander's just happened to be 5,296. I wish that he had more days. More days to stay and tell me to shut up or to come play with him and my brothers, more days for him to tell the guys to stop looking at me; to stop trying to eye rape me. More days to yell at me for the stupidest things I could ever do, to yell at me for hugging a boy that wasn't a friend. More days to be that over protective brother he always would be. He was such an amazing person, and yes it did hurt to say," Sage let out a small laugh along with the family and friends that were here for his funeral. "He should've had extra days to do all the stupid things that teens do, first kiss, first love, first dance, prom, girlfriends, finding 'the one'; his wedding. I wish I could've seen who this idiot would have turned out to be, for better or for worse, because we all know he was gonna be the cool uncle-" "Hey!" My other sons shouted out, cutting her off. "Anyways, your last day could be tomorrow, today--or maybe it was yesterday, so be dumb, be young because life is too short to be anything but happy. Moral of the story is that you should live every day like it could be your last, because it very well might be," Sage finished up her speach, that was the first thing anyone has heard her say in 9 days besides Alex and Cam. Everyone clapped, including me while Skylar wipped her tears that fell from her eyes, for no mother wants to put her kid six feet under before herself. "That was beautiful baby," Skylar said to Sage but she just started blankly ahead of her, not paying attention to anyone or anything. This is hurting her and no one has heard or seen her cry. "You okay?" Cam asked and she just nodded her head while she pulled out her phone.

Sage's pov

It's been 10 days since Zander has, you know. It's been so hard for me but I'm not gonna cry about it. "You okay?" Uncle Cam asked me and I nodded pulling out my phone and I texted Zander's.

The best bro: I miss you

It felt good to let it out. "Do you want to come to my house tonight?" Cam asked. "Sure," I said as we all got into cars to go to bury him; my brother.

"Say," Hunter, my little cousin, said to me. "Yup," I said. "Do you miss him?" He asked. "Yeah I do but I'm not gonna cry over it," I said to him as we were the only ones in Cam's car because we didn't wanna watch them lower Zan into the ground. "Why not? If you miss someone so much I'd cry, I know I'd cry if this happened to you or my brother," he said. "But it shows a sign of weakness," I said. "No it doesn't Sage it shows you actually have emotions, it's fine to cry over something this big," he said and I felt a lump, a big lump in my throat. I shook my head. "I don't cry," I said looking out the window. I heard Hunter sigh before exiting the car. I needed someone to be in this car with me before I cry, so I texted Alex.

Ham man: Please you and Cam car. Now

I hit send and bit my lower lip stopping myself from the tears that were tretening to fall. The door opened and Cam and Alex got in the car, on either side of me. "Sage you're freezing," Cam said as his hand was on my shoulder. "Here," he said giving me in jacket from his black suit. "Sage are you okay?" Alex asked. "No," I cried and that's when the tears fell, no warning they just fell and fell, as I sat on Cam's lap and cried into his chest. "Shh, it's okay Sage," Alex said but I still cried. "No its not," I said as I looked at him. "It should've been me, I've tried so had to leave this place and I'm still stuck here, why couldn't it have been me instead of Zander!" I shouted at him and Cam just pulled me close to his chest. I tried to get out of his grip but he wouldn't let go and I just gave in and cried. Something I haven't done since I was three. I cried, and cried and cried.