chapter 30

Hayes' pov

It's been a downward spiral that my world has come to. Not being there for Sage, then Zander passing, I don't know what's to come next but Sage hasn't cried, not even once. But once the barrel was done we had said our goodbyes before getting into our cars. "Where's Sage mom?" Ryder asked. "With Uncle Cam she's gonna stay there for awhile," Sky said and I looked at her confused and she gave me an 'I'll explain later' look and I just nodded before we followed Ben's car home.

Sage's pov

"And remember that one time when me, you, Zan, and Ryder got lost in the woods," Alex said. "And Zander told us we had to swim home," I said and we all started laughing. "Thank you guys," I said as we got to Uncle Cam's. "No problem," Maria said. "We have to remember the good times during the bad," Uncle Cam said putting his arm around me. "Yeah," I said smiling. "I'm gonna go to my room," I said grabbing a bag of pretzels and chocolate syrup. "Okay, I cleaned it up yesterday so if it's a mess tell me and I'll beat Andrew," Maria said and I laughed slightly before walking up to the attic. I walked in and it was clean besides a letter left on the pillow. It read Monkey written a crossed it, my nick name that only Zander called me.

Dear my little monkey,

I have loved you since the day I can remember, we've always been close and had that special kind of bond that no one can brake. You're my first sister and you already know I'm never gonna let you date anyone ever. I can't believe you're going to be 13, I think that is completely crazy! I remember it like yesterday when we were turning five, mom made us our own chocolate cake because we hate vanilla. You're going to do big things in this world and if for any reason I'm not there which I hope won't happen. I will always love you and you will always be my monkey and I am so proud of what you become because what ever it is I know one of those things will be an amazing mother, granted it will be with a boy that I will approve of along with the twins. And of course your best friend Hunter. He has to treat you right and is good with kids and can cook and will give you the love you deserve, not just the world even though he should give you that too. But anyways, I want you to know that I love you so much and you were right, I do have a crush on Amy.

Sencerley, your favorite brother ever in the world. Zan

I smiled at how he signed his name. He's my favorite and he knows it, he will always be my favorite. I will always miss him and that will never change no matter how much time passes or how many kids our parents have or will have. He's my Zebra and I'm his monkey.

*the next day*

Sage's pov

"Don't wake her up," I heard Hunter. "Shh," Henry said. "We are supposed to help her feel better," Hunter said. "I know and we are gonna, that's ehy we aren't staying home today," Henry said. I rolled over. "Sage," Antonio said. "Hi my baby," I smiled. "Mama," Palmer said. "No baby," I said with a frown. "Wrong girl," I said and Palmer laughed as I picked him up. "Hey Hunter," I smiled. "We're taking you out for today so get ready," Henry said. "You have 10 minutes and we are leaving," Hunter said. "Are these two coming too?" I asked. "Yes and our dad," he smiled. "Okay, IL be ready in five," I said. "Make the twins a bag," I said. "Will do," they said taking Palmer and Antonio with them as they left. I got up and put on a pair of uncle Cam's old Nike basketball shorts and One of Zander's shirts on with my black Nike running shoes. I brushed my long hair that was still straight from yesterday, I got it wet with the sink in the downstairs bathroom and it went from my knees to my mid back. I grabbed my iPhone 16s with a clear case on it with a picture of me and all my uncle's. I smiled remembering that day and grabbed some money and a couple black hair ties. "Dad!" Hunter shouted upstairs. "Right here!" He shouted in my ear before grabbing his keys. "Well I think I'm deaf now," I said trying to pop my ear as all six of us walked to his car. "Where are we going?" I asked getting shotgun. "Gonna have the best day ever," Cam said smiling and I smiled. Zan would want me to enjoy today.

*20 minutes later*

"Nails? Really?" I asked Cam. "All of us are getting medicures and pedicures," he said in a girly voice. "Really?" I asked kinda excited. "Yes and the rest of today is gonna be fun too," Hunter said and I helped him get Antonio and Palmer out of their car seats. "It better be," I said sassily taking Antonio and Palmer into the nail shop. "Alright, the Dallas' I assume?" A lady at the front desk asked. "Yes ma'am, " Hunter said. "And our these little ones getting painted too?" She asked tickling Pamler's feet as he giggled and Antonio said yes. "Alright," take your seats and we will be right with you all," she said gesturing to the nice seats where you get your toes done. "There's still about 10 more people coming, " Cam said and I smiled. Just like what Zan did when we went to homecoming and he made a whole bunch of the boys get their nails done so I wouldn't feel weird. I teared up at the memory but smiled, Zan would want me to.

Sorry it's been a million years, but I missed yall and I'm back and better than ever.. I hope, I love you all