Iris Finley

"Delilah, wake up, I gotta get you to pre school" I said standing at the end of my 4 year-old daughters bed.

"Mommy, can I have pancakes for breakfast?" always the first thing she would ask when she would slowly rise out of bed.

"Yes, we can stop and get some, I kissed her on the forehead, and picked out a pair of leggings, and boots, and a sweater, since it was winter time, and she was ready for Christmas, but weren't we all, wether it was getting off of work, or my personal favorite about the holiday being shopping, or spending time with family, or my daughters favorite the presents and seeing Santa Claus, and ice skating in New York time square, annual family trip.

"Yay" she squealed and put on her clothes.

"I'll do your hair, are you thinking French braid or bun?" I said sitting on the edge of her bed.

"Ummm.. French braid" she smiled and turned around her back facing me. She was my world, cliche thing to say, but her hazel eyes, black wavy hair, and the cutest little nose, just made me proud of being a parent, and having a good job, that I enjoyed, and having good family. I was twenty five, and not married, Delilahs dad is in New York, we were high school sweethearts, engaged when we had dear Delilah, and then things changed, they say people grow apart, which is practically what happened, he was my good friend still, and I think deep down I have feelings for him, but if it didn't work, it would tear Delilah apart. so I just let her see him on holidays and such.

So anyway here I was on A Monday morning,  mid December, a week till Christmas break, and I was cramming in appointments at the tattoo parlor/ hair salon. yes my tattoo parlor also had a hair salon, don't judge.

And I went from taking m. daughter to school, to doing tattoos and hair, then going out to lunch, then picking my daughter up and having to have her have a babysitter, while I finished up work, then going home and cooking dinner, and watching some Disney Channel movie, and usually falling asleep on the couch, even though my apartment wasn't that big, but walking to my room was tough after cramming before the holidays.

"Alright, grab your backpack and let's roll" I said walking out of the room and into the kitchen to grab my keys and my purse,

We walked side by side on the sidewalk down to my car parked down the street, because heavy traffic came in front of my apartment complex, this was the city of San Fransisco.

I drove a grey Nissan GT-R, my dream car, Delilah loved it to, because she had her hair blowing in the wind in the summer, and nice heated seats during the winter. even though she sat in a car seat, but could still feel the warmth on her back.

We pulled up to the parking lot of the school, her school was a couple blocks from our apartment, nice little country area, away from the city, not as ghetto as some of the other schools we had looked at, but hers costed more, because it was nice. It was a pre-k- 8th grade school, and then she went to high school.

I pulled up to the front of the building and one of the teachers came over and politely opened the door and smiled at Delilah and waved at me,

"Bye honey, have a fantastic day. I'll see you after school" she gave me a hug and then raced out of the car and into the school to catch up with her buddies.

now off to work.