Katrina

"Finally the holidays are over" I said, even though I was slightly dissapointed to watch the holiday smiles and hopes go away, even though just a few days before Alex got here I was not amused or happy. Instead I was actually getting the jest of Christmas, the family part.

"I can't believe today's our last day here, and your mom is doing good, or stable I guess is the term" He said as his arm was wrapped around me, but no attention was brought to it, just being embraced and watching my mother being at rest, and not suffering, and not dead either.

"Well would you mind if I had a couple seconds alone" I squeezed his hand and we both got up.

"Yeah sure, I'll be in the hall way, " I saw my eyes slightly open, just enough to see part of her eye.

"Leaving?" she muttered.

"Yeah, we gotta hit the road, Alex drove down here, so we gotta head back to California. " I said squeezing her hand, and she attempted to, but her full strength isn't regained. but her face wasn't pale, back to normal shade, but she still was here another night.

"Ah I see, well safe travels, and I love you baby girl. Tell Alex that I said bye" She said.

I bent down and hugged her, for the first time she said a goodbye with no sense of judgement or anything.

"I love you too mom" I said and whispered in her ear 'rest easy'. Not as if she was dying, just wishing a smooth recovering, she got the sincerity.

"Bye mom" I picked up my purse, and felt some tears rush down my face, but I was fine.

"You ready" Alex said helping me wipe the tears, and kissed my forehead.

"Yeah, let's go home" I smiled.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

"Want anything from inside?" Alex asked as he opened the car door, and our car was parked next to a gas pump.

"Can I have a chocolate milk? " I smiled, as my feet were resting on the dash of his truck, and I was in yoga pants, and an old wgi shirt.

"And a muffin?" He knew me to well.

"Is that even a question?" I asked.

"Alright." He winced at me and walked up to the door, and watched the strides he took to the door.

I clicked through the stations, and broadcasting live was that really rocking band Good darling, with I guess their cover songs, because they sounded familiar, but I enjoyed more punk & metal, and they were more indie & country vibe i guess. This song was really good though.

"Hey we are good darling, I'm Amaya" This girl picked up the mic and spoke.

The car door opened up, and he handed me my bottle of chocolate milk, and bag squished just enough around the bag to outline the muffin.

"Thanks babe" I said as he slipped on his seatbelt and snapped it into the buckle.

"Sure thing, Let's get some more hours in." He smiled, and changed the station, and I started to drift back to sleep.