Amaya

"Grayson, grayson, it's the day" I said rolling over and tapping his shoulder, trying to wake him up. Very annoyingly if I do say so myself, but I didn't care, it's like I was on a sugar high, but just New York high!

"Amaya, chill babe. it's like 7am" he said still rolled on his side.

I hopped off the bed and went to his side of the bed. and was right next to his face.

"You really make it hard for someone to sleep" he smiled, and kissed me.

"Come on, we still have packing to do, gotta get coffee for the road, and print off our tickets, let's go let's go." I said hopping around and running out to the living room. When the doorbell rings. I crack open the door and let Piper in.

"Good morning Chica" she said. Grabbing my keys off my dining room table to load her suitcase in the car.

"Is Layla excited" I asked making myself a bowl of left over Chinese food from our last night feast.

"O my god, she won't stop talking about." she smiled stuffing her stuff in the trunk of Grayson second car his Escalade.

"Really? that's funny" I said. freezing my ass off, considering I was outside with a pair of hot cocoa print shorts, a silk robe and no slippers on.

"Yeah. I gotta head to the store, apparently it's snowing, so Piper needs more socks. fuzzy preferably"

"Okay. well once Grayson gets up we are gonna take a coffee run"

"hey miss, I hear you talking about me" he said wrapping me in a hug.

"Boy you sure have been hanging around each other a lot" she stated.

"Yeah." he said kissing me on the head.

"Alright, I'm gonna go get her socks, see ya later" she said starting to walk back to her house.

"Hey, where's your clothes, aren't we going for that coffee run?" he said.

"Excuse me, Mr it's 6 in the morning I don't want to do anything productive." I said as we walked inside the house.

"Mhm. sure. go get dressed" he laughed and walked into the kitchen. probably grabbing a poptart or my secret stash of candy.

I ran upstairs to my bedroom, and picked out dorm thing super casual, but still cute at the same time. which consisted of joggers, and a band sweatshirt, gotta support our band all the time. and put my hair in a French braid. and washed my face.

"Alright hon, I'm ready" I said.

"Alright" he said stuffing his face, full of who knows what.

.............'''''''''''''....................'''''''''''''''''...............

"Alright , hello and good morning?" I said checking my phone, it was technically morning. 11:58 to be exact.

"I got one question, who's ready for NEW YORK!" I exclaimed. and everyone cheered. our team meeting was held today in the place where we first all sang together, in my backyard one summer, around the pool, except at that time we were soaking, and had towels wrapped around us, and we were eating watermelon slices and drinking soda out of cans.

"Okay, so if everyone could stuff their luggage in Grayson's car, we will be good, it's gonna be a tight ride by the way guys, so be prepared. " I said and they all got off the couch. and most grabbed their coffee of the outside kitchen counter, because most woke up early, and they aren't morning people, like Grayson. I can say so because I have known them all for years.

"Hey Amaya, come with me." Grayson said.

"Alright, and where are we going" I questioned, which I knew was a rookie mistake, because you never ask a guy where you are going when on a romantic quest.

"You'll see" generally the response you get, and then they hold your hand and have a mischievous smile.

"Amaya, I love you, and I have every since I laid my eyes on you. when we were kids, I used to fantasize of us being together, and now that we are, I don't want to ever lose you. " I felt a proposal coming.

All of the sudden what did I expect all the band comes out and plays some cheesy song, that of course is our song, Perfect by one direction, acoustic.

"Oh my god, " I gasped. and I felt my eyes water up

He had Piper holding a sign that lit up, with the words I love you, and then he had one of the horses out, and had the ring attached to her saddle. and he got down on one knee,

"Amaya, I love you so much, and I know that we haven't been dating as long as people who wait two years to get married. " cough cough.

"Hey next time @ me" Piper giggled and said.

"Anyway, you are my true match, and if I didn't do this, I would hate myself If I lost you to the streets of New York, we have known each other forever. and it feels like we were dating for forever. so with all that cheesy stuff said, will you marry me?" he said. getting dirt all over his favorite pair of jeans.

"Yes." I smiled and he hopped up, and slide the ring on my finger. and kissed me.

everyone around clapped, and it felt like it was just me and him, in the moment, and I wished it could be in this moment forever . press pause.