Amaya

It was officially winter break, and about two seconds in and I have so far rolled onto the side of my bed to reach over to grab my phone and have scrolled through my Instagram feed, and that's about it.

i haven't even accomplished getting out of bed to get my morning cup of coffee. It's a Monday morning, approximately 7:30 am. which seems strangely early for a mid twenty year old, but with waking up early for show jumping so many countless years, I've become immune to the fact of waking up so stinking early.

And now I own ten horses, and five are trail riding horses, and the others are champion riders, including dear old retired Carmen, she's the one that took me all the way to nationals, just in time to win first place, reigned in glory, still to this day, considering that I get tons of people coming in and out of the dude ranch. Piper helps out a lot with the financing and stuff since that's not my strong suit.

I slowly got of bed, slow progress, and slipped on the slippers that were at the foot of my bed, and put on my silk robe. I looked like an old country gal, with messy bun, Christmas pj pants, a robe, slippers with bells on them, and a old working shirt.

I walked out of my room, my room had a beautiful view, looked out on nothing but land with snow occasionally, and beautiful horses, that of course we're my own. and I love them oh so dearly.

I went to my kitchen, probably one of my favorite parts of the house, with granite counter tops, and a very rustic look, mainly the theme of my house. I pressed the keurig and put in my peppermint latte mix, and poured myself a cup, mhm, the smell of fresh peppermint coffee, a nice hot cup, it made for a perfect morning, I grabbed my laptop off the counter top and walked upstairs, up to the master bedroom, and sat on my Romeo and Juliet balcony, I slid a chair from my desk out on the patio and sat down, and just let the cool air brush through my hair and took a sip of my coffee.

I opened the lid of my laptop, and Typed in my password to unlock it, I clicked on my browser and check my email,

24 new messages

trail ride
birthday party
tour dates
venue
stay the night

All the subjects I noticed as I scrolled through, and my day had begun.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

*insert text tone

Text from GRAYSON😊🎸
g: hey, wanna go to this lighting thing tonight at mainstreet, a couple hours from us, but supposed to be FUN. 🤘🏼
me: yeah, sure what time?
g: 8-3am. or something. pick you up at 5.
me: alright cool. see ya then. 😉

I've noticed, and so has Piper that I get blush faced everytime I talk and or text Grayson. I did kind of sorta have a crush on him, for like the past 7+ years. ugh.

Text to Piper
Me: Grayson just asked if I wanted to go to this light thing in Main Street.
Piper: aww. you're gonna go right?
Me: of course. what should I wear.

I sent her a picture of a burgundy sweater, jeans and boots with lace boot socks, and then another picture of a black skirt, the same boots, leggings, and a white shirt and black leather jacket.

Piper: def. the 2nd one.
Me: thanks you're the best 😄
Piper: I know, do you want a Christmas tree?
Me: ummm. not really I'm getting ready to go with Grayson.

Just then the doorbell rang and Grayson had a little box, and a giant ass Christmas tree behind him.

"Oh my god." I said completely shocked.

"This is for you." he handed me the box.

"Yeah and so is this dumbo" Piper said jumping out from behind the tree. looking like she was about to burst into song like the so often did in the many corny movies she watches.

And just a hypothesized, she started singing rocking around the Christmas tree. and Greyson grabbed ahold of my hand, and next thing I knew we were dancing in my driveway.

"You guys realize that was the cheesiest thing I have ever done." I smiled and continued to laugh.

"Yeah, but probably one of the most spontaneous things you've ever done" Greyson said still having a grip on my hand. he squeezed it a little and smiled. I tugged at my hair, which was an indefinite sign that I was falling for him.

"Well you kids better get going. " Piper said.

"Okay. thanks for the help" Greyson said, pulling her in for a hug.

"Anytime buddy." she said hopping in her truck.

"Ready to go" he asked opening up the passenger door of his Camaro for me.

"You betcha" I smiled as the door closed behind me.